Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-03-2012, 08:20 PM

C25k

I think there are a couple of people of doing this or just about to start doing this.

Here is some more info....

http://www.c25k.com/

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Page...uch-to-5k.aspx

I have done one run and will be doing my second tomorrow, it wasn't too bad but I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better! It is designed for people with little or no running experience so good for most people.
Teg loves running with me so good for him too
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Are you managing the whole thing? I had to cut my run short again today, annoyingly, but it was just too warm (too hungry to wait until later, after yesterday's attempt to eat earlier and do a late run - had to skip it as I still felt stuffed at 9pm!). I think it doesn't help that I have Kiki attached to my waist so she pulls me along a bit faster than my natural pace, but she is improving. I might just repeat week 1 again until I can do the last couple of runs as well, but I'm determined not to let it knock me back because 20 mins is better than 0!
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-03-2012, 09:59 PM
I hate running in the evening, have to do it in the morning or not at all, so I'm starting about 7.15am. The last time I did any kind of running I was doing it at 5.30am before work! Would you be able to run in the morning? Definately cooler then.

I did all of the podcast running and walking when it said although I did pause it for a minute half way through (there is no allocated time for your dog to do a poo ) Did you do three sessions of week 1? I think the website says not to move on until you can do them all?
Kiki will be helpful if you have to go up a hill and can't quite manage it on your own!
Teg isn't too bad on his own but if I have Shambles (my Grans dog) too they go faster and I really have to shift my feet!
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Did our second run of week 1 this morning, didn't feel as good as I stayed up late last night, was tired when the alarm went off and had to force myself to put my running clothes on!

Here's a pic of my boy when we got back, I won't scare you with a pic of me in my running kit!

EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I need to get fit again. My mum found some old photos of me when i ran the marathon in 2010, i just find running SO boring now. Need to think of some things that aren't running!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Have downloaded week 1 of the NHS one. I've never run like that in my life. I'll see how I get on!

Thanks for the link!

Helen
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Don't worry, I've never run before either!
Unfortunately this lovely weather is throwing all my plans out the window. Too warm to run now, will have to see how stuffed I feel after dinner later this evening. Otherwise I might have to try to get up a bit earlier tomorrow to squeeze in a run and a bath.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Managed to do my first one tonight and loved it! I felt sooo good afterwards. It said to have a days rest and then do it again but I've got Zumba on Wednesday! I'm sure I can manage both lol.

Helen
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Glad you liked it Helen!
Gives me a buzz/energy boost afterwards, makes me not hungry too which I always think is odd.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Completed another run today - was itching to get out there but the weather hasn't been in my favour.
My earphones broke at 20 mins (that 20 minute mark is a jinx!) but I was determined to do the whole thing (just another 5 mins then the 5 minute cool down walk), and decided to just count in my head, but then realised the path I was following (doing a triangle route in the corner of a field so we stayed in the shade!) was the perfect length for a 90 second walk (shorter 2 sides of the triangle) and a 60 second jog (longest side). I just kept half an eye on the time on the iPod so I knew when to stop.
I can't believe the difference already, I could have carried on even longer, vs the first run being absolutely knackered by 20 mins! It really helped that Kiki has finally twigged on what pace to jog at, so I could concentrate on my breathing rather than being towed along by her
Can't wait to get out again - think I will do one more week 1 and then move on to week 2 next week
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »