Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 05:24 PM

Ben on road to being non aggressive

Hope this is in the right place...if not please move!!

Well Ben and I had a wee trip today to meet Shona to see what could be done to help with Bens issue with other dogs and I have to say it was a trip worth taking and one i hope to do again.

We met Shona and Kaos, Dennis and Mia and Boobah and Paddy and I had a really informative day. I had been pming Shona recently and was readily prepared to accept I need as much, if nmot more traiing than Ben. And Shona has given me some excellent pointers and info about how my behaviour and perception effects Ben. Basically because I now expect Ben to attack I have him on a tight lead (I wasnt even aware of this) and I become really tense when another dog approaches which obviously doesnt help Ben

Shona first Introduced Ben to Mia (who is stunning) and he was a wee bit wary but no aggression. Then we met Kaos (who is also stunning) and the same result. We went for a walk and as Bens confidence gained he had a few wee growls at Kaos (who couldnt have cared less!!) and Shona told me how to react when he does this. We then met Boobah and Paddy, this was imo Bens biggest test as he seems to bully smaller dogs he did have a growl and a half hearted snap at Paddy who seemed oblivious!!! but again this was put in check by the swift action with the tone of voice seeming very important.

Shona showed me how to get Ben to walk nicely without a halti within minutes of meeting and by making Ben come back to me when he pulls on the lead ie making him do the work.

By the time we got back to the car park we had met spaniels, rotties, labs mongrels and a westie and although still interested I can not believe we were a)walking with other dogs and b) walking well on lead.

It definitely is about me changing how i act and react and reeducating Ben but I am confident that with Shonas help I can do this.

I want to say a huge thanks for today and for the advice offerred., It is advice I will certainly be taking and I can't wait to go back to see you all again.

Off to practice some heel work now

Thanks so much

xxx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 05:30 PM
That sounds like everything went really well, well done to both you and Ben.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi Lynne, really enjoyed meeting you, stuart and ben,

after performing a quick exorcisim on ben {joke} lol, I found him to be very nice, so quick and eager to please, you will sort his wee issue out in no time x

here are a few of the photos, ps,. you still tend to lean on the negative in the thread, but look on the bright side, he never lunged, or got a bite in nor did he seem to want to, I thought he was lovely x

the last one makes me laugh,,,the Im not looking at him one, lol

Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post

here are a few of the photos, ps,. you still tend to lean on the negative in the thread, but look on the bright side, he never lunged, or got a bite in nor did he seem to want to, I thought he was lovely x

Oh totally Shona, I think I am just in awe and I am so pleased that we were walking with other dogs and at the end when the spaniel came across, I was aware that I was not nearly as tense as when we met Paddy, which is a bit ironic as you knew how Paddy would react but we didnt know how the Spaniel would react. So am really pleased and positive that with work time and dried sausage(lol) it'll all work out. And The message Stuart sent you proves the point you have made it was growls and teeth but no lunges which is great.

Thankls again SO MUCH
xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 05:52 PM
awe bless, your more than welcome, just pleased you felt it helped x
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi Lynne, Ben's a great wee chap, he'll be fine in no time, as you noticed, he got on great with our lot, I'll have to bring the whole gang next time.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 06:52 PM
that special Dogsey magic huh???
Well done to all concerned, I'm so chuffed!!!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I'll have to bring the whole gang next time.
Look forward to it
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 07:27 PM
That's super news about Ben Lynne, as you know Maddy is a royal pain in the ass too so I know where you are coming from. Lovely pics, shows just how well he settled!

Shona Maddy's next!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
That's super news about Ben Lynne, as you know Maddy is a royal pain in the ass too so I know where you are coming from. Lovely pics, shows just how well he settled!

Shona Maddy's next!
you know your welcome any day x
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »