Our sister sites
Our sister sites
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 10:32 PM

Fake Tan Help!!!!

Hi,

I am not sure if this is in the right section, or even if there is a section for this, but.... yesterday my mum decided to test fake tan out on me in the shop, and i stupidly let her....
now i have a big dark brown splodge of fake tan on my left arm, a really brown left hand and a lighter brown right hand with brown palms and very white fingers, especially when i spread my fingers and i look RIDICULOUS!!!!!

my question is does anyone know how to get rid of fake tan? I have tried
scrubbing my skin, and i am about to try nail varnish remover (yes i am that desperate!!!) I even put more fake tan on my arms around my already tanned areas to make it look a little better but it doesnt seem to have made a difference. People are giving me funny looks, so pleeeease any advice? I think they sell remover for this sort of stuff but apparently it is really expensive and i am skint!

Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 10:43 PM
OMG i dont have a clue, im so sorry!

my advice is dont use it again lol, go and get it done professionally and save up!

Poor you, hope someone can help x
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
OMG i dont have a clue, im so sorry!

my advice is dont use it again lol, go and get it done professionally and save up!

Poor you, hope someone can help x
I didnt want it doing in the first place!!! I look wrong with a tan as i just burn in the sun! noooo....
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-07-2005, 10:53 PM
What about a body scrub? Maybe use that a few times, it might fade the colour a bit
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
What about a body scrub? Maybe use that a few times, it might fade the colour a bit
From the description Carole-an angle grinder might be better! lol

But yes,what about of them exfoliating thingys i see in the chemist with carbolic soap?
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 11:09 PM
thanks for all your suggestions guys, i just used some "fresh feet revitalising scrub" on the self tan disaster and it looks a little better, i think my right arm is a lot more "normal looking" but the right is still quite bad, i think it has worked but will try again tommorow. Cheers again!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by franc1987
thanks for all your suggestions guys, i just used some "fresh feet revitalising scrub" on the self tan disaster and it looks a little better, i think my right arm is a lot more "normal looking" but the right is still quite bad, i think it has worked but will try again tommorow. Cheers again!!
Hi Franc you could try lemon juice which is a natural bleach ...or put a bandage on until it fades and look dramatic
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Exfoliater and loofer brush together will remove alot of dead skin cells - and a good work out will build up a good sweat and help loosen the skin cells as well.

If mum ever needs to test it on you again then it should be applied after a shower when you have totally exfoliated the skin, and when the skin is slightly moist but not wet....apply it with gloves - really important....

Sorry you had to be the guinea pig in that experiment fake tan is much safer than sitting in the good old UV rays - Simple is a really good product - no added perfumes or anything so much better for the skin.

Sorry I know you weren't wanting a recommendation - you will probably run from the stuff now
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 11:34 PM
It wil just wear off in a few days anyway
NatalieS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2005, 01:01 AM
My friend is a beautician and she said mineral based oil removes it pretty well, she said the best thing to do is exfoliate and then rub it with something like babyoil and some cotton wool!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >