Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 03:10 PM

Spray tan or fake tan?!

In need of help, my best friend's wedding is on Saturday and as I'm a bridesmaid I have a hot pink strapless number to wear, about as far from my sartorial comfort zone as you can get , all this is fine, my blonde hair doesn't clash and my legs aren't bad so can deal with the knee length-ness of it but I have the complexion just up from ghostly white and the colour makes me look even paler the effect of which I've only just really realised looking in a mirror for the first time with everything put together. So the question is do I put my colour in the hands of someone who has done training etc or attempt it myself, I would point out that I'm a self tan virgin so am terrified of ending up horribly streaky and looking even sillier!!! Also what sort do I go for if I do it myself, spray, cream, foam, St Tropez, Ambre Solair etc... HELP!!!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I dont use it but my daughter swears by St Tropez applied with a mitt , it always looks good ! And far safer than sun and sunbeds !
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 06:59 AM
I always go for the spray tan, I love it Have tried the St Tropez but I always managed to miss a bit
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Special occasion I go for a spray.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Just go into a hair salon than does fake tanning and get yourself a fake bake, BUT, make sure it's at least 24 hours prior to your wedding date, because you have to wash it all off 9 hours after they apply it, coz it goes reeeeeally dark, but it's fantastic once you've showered, I swear by them. If you do it yourself, then you get the orange look and that isn't a good look lol!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:27 PM
My daughter has just got back from her holiday in Spain (this morning) she is currently upstairs with a bottle of St Tropez which she had delivered in a taxi!!!
I'm waiting to see if she comes down orange but I have heard that it's good.
Although she didn't get a tan on her holiday she has gained lots of freckles & I'm pleased she didn't overdo it in the sun with the worries of the harmful rays - I wouldn't like her to end up like her sun worshipping mother. I can't help myself, as soon as the sun is shining, I am beneath it
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Just go into a hair salon than does fake tanning and get yourself a fake bake, BUT, make sure it's at least 24 hours prior to your wedding date, because you have to wash it all off 9 hours after they apply it, coz it goes reeeeeally dark, but it's fantastic once you've showered, I swear by them. If you do it yourself, then you get the orange look and that isn't a good look lol!
So pleased you said that, my G-daughter had a spray tan done at the weekend and she looked like an Indian for 24 hours (no offence to anyone) bearing in mind she is naturally very blonde.
For a special occasion I would definately go for a professional job rather than a DIY
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I agree, a spray tan is the best option. But no later than the day before you want it. It needs 24 hours to settle!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
So pleased you said that, my G-daughter had a spray tan done at the weekend and she looked like an Indian for 24 hours (no offence to anyone) bearing in mind she is naturally very blonde.
For a special occasion I would definately go for a professional job rather than a DIY
No offence taken.... Although I do giggle at people and fake tan - Everyone thinks I am crazy wanting to be paler when they are all going out trying to be darker!
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:29 PM
i would start moisturising! my brothers wedding was a week after i did the caledonian challenge. having lived in walking boots for months, my feet and ankles were a bit dry. not to mention the toenails i lost . Sort of ended up with very tanned feet! not good in a calf length frock! Acetone calmed it down though. Be sure to have a great time.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >