Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2008, 05:34 PM

West Midlands Safari Park - Pic Heavy

Oh how I wish I could take nice clear photos...but here are my attempts from yesterdays visit

One of the Reindeer

The wolf crossing right in front of us

White Tiger Feeding

Some of the beautiful White Lions

The camel

More White Tigers

Elephants playing in the mud

The Giraffes

Another post to follow with more wolves and the Hippos!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh you've been wildlife hunting too then!!! LOvely pics, and you saw some elephants too, were there any babies, coz they are my absolute fave's? The white lions, wow!

On the downside, I just rembered what I was told on our visit to Tiger Island Zoo, that some evil b*stards would pay hundreds of thousands of pounds to shoot one of those It really begger's belief doesn't it what man can do to such beautiful, stunning creatures!!

Normally I don't like zoo's, but I now know, it's probably the only way we're going to help these animals survive, especially the rescue places, they are definitely going on my "give to" list that's for sure!

You sound like me, you want a better camera now then!!! Great pics you got there.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Lovely photos, Lynne - thanks for sharing them
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2008, 07:14 PM
HEY!! I was there, didnt see ya! Lovely weather for it, super pictures!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Looks like you picked a good day to go, Great photies, Love the Elephants.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
HEY!! I was there, didnt see ya! Lovely weather for it, super pictures!
Aw that would have been great to meet you Dawn...we got there about 11 and drove round the reserves then went to the reptile encounter at 1 and had lunch in the explorer cafe (the pasta was v tasty) then went round the amusements, the reptile house, the bat cave and the sea aquarium bit then went back to see the wolves again and left just after 5

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh you've been wildlife hunting too then!!! LOvely pics, and you saw some elephants too, were there any babies, coz they are my absolute fave's? The white lions, wow!

On the downside, I just rembered what I was told on our visit to Tiger Island Zoo, that some evil b*stards would pay hundreds of thousands of pounds to shoot one of those It really begger's belief doesn't it what man can do to such beautiful, stunning creatures!!

Normally I don't like zoo's, but I now know, it's probably the only way we're going to help these animals survive, especially the rescue places, they are definitely going on my "give to" list that's for sure!

You sound like me, you want a better camera now then!!! Great pics you got there.
H, there were no baby elephants, just 3 adults, I'm not overly keen on zoos either BUT you are right they nowadays play a huge part in conservation, yeah, the white lions have the biggest game hunter bounty on their heads - sad.

I'd love a decent camera and photography lesson. There's loads more pics to follow when photobucket stops acting up!!

Maybe we should organise a dogsey safari...the only shooting to be done is with a camera
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2008, 07:51 PM
great photos hun.... looks like a great day out x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Looking at the EXIF data in your pics we were there at the same animals and almost exactly at the same time!!

That Camel was there too, still lying down, I took a pic of his eye with the reflection of the park in it!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 12:28 PM
lovely photos!