View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2005, 09:27 PM
I can't get home sick because I am at home, however whenever I hear Scottish music it always make me want to go to Scotland. I don't know why just do. It could be because I am quarter Scottish, Quarter Welsh, Quarter Irish and last but not least Quarter English

I often lie awake at night thinking about up there, it is so peaceful and lovely.

Ian
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
When I moved from my home town, I got terribly homesick I still do sometimes, and I moved away 22 years ago.
I've recently moved from Surrey to Kent, and although I love where I'm at, I still miss Surrey.

Wow 22 years ago - you must have had a wonderful bond with the area

I've seen the photos of where you live now and it's a beautiful area, you are incredibly fortunate, love to see your photos, it's so serene
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 09:30 PM
I love my home town and try to get back as often as I can.

Where I'm at now is very serene, but also quite isolated. If you don't have a car, you don't get out. It can be quite lonely at times
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
I love my home town and try to get back as often as I can.

Where I'm at now is very serene, but also quite isolated. If you don't have a car, you don't get out. It can be quite lonely at times
I can totally understand this

Sorry that it gets like that sometimes, at least you are able to come onto dog web to chat when it's a bit quiet...

Wish you well with it Wolfie, it's not nice feeling isolated.

xi
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
I can't get home sick because I am at home, however whenever I hear Scottish music it always make me want to go to Scotland. I don't know why just do. It could be because I am quarter Scottish, Quarter Welsh, Quarter Irish and last but not least Quarter English

I often lie awake at night thinking about up there, it is so peaceful and lovely.

Ian

What a great mix of nationalities You can taste the best of all the cultures - totally envious!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Sorry you're feeling like this M/c, I too am homesick for New Zealand but I haven't even been yet, but desperately want to emigrate over there - all that peace and quiet, beautiful scenery, more sheep than people - heaven!

My favourite (very fit!) vet was from New Zealand, and also my gardener (also very, very fit!) who cuts my big hedge is fromthere too, are they all handsome, the men over there? I cannot understand why they come over here and can leave such a beautiful Country? Maybe the work isn't there for them I suppose.

Anyway, with our modern technology you can still keep in touch with friends and family back there, I know it's not quite the same, but you will be going back from time to time for holidays maybe, or like me you may want to end up back there in your old age. It must be an awful feeling I know, but you have a lovely life here with a lovely man and don't forget the exciting prospect of getting your new baby when all that work's done. Keep your chin up.x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by millies mum
im not homesick ... but i sometimes just want my old mum back ... my mum is still with us . but shes ill ..i want my old mum back , does that sort of count as homesick ?

Yes I know how you feel Millies mum because my mum is very ill too and I don't know how much longer she can go on. She has got emphesema and is constantly fixed to an oxygen machine. She should go in a home really because she needs 24 hr care but she won't hear of it It doesn't seem that long ago that she could go shopping and go out with her grandchildren but now she is permanently stuck to her ground floor maisonette and never ever goes outside which is not much of a life really
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2005, 08:54 AM
sorry to hear that helena and foxy !!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by staffiemad
sorry to hear that helena and foxy !!!

Thanks Hayley
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Yes I know how you feel Millies mum because my mum is very ill too and I don't know how much longer she can go on. She has got emphesema and is constantly fixed to an oxygen machine. She should go in a home really because she needs 24 hr care but she won't hear of it It doesn't seem that long ago that she could go shopping and go out with her grandchildren but now she is permanently stuck to her ground floor maisonette and never ever goes outside which is not much of a life really

Foxy, really sorry to hear your mum is so ill It's not easy is it. Wish you lots of strength over this time.

xi
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >