View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dawn
New Member!

20-07-2005, 06:43 PM

Puppy not Eating

I have always had large breed dogs mainly Boxers and dont have much expeiance with small dogs so need HELP PLEASE,
On sunday my B/f Bought me a Westie pup she is 14 weeks old and i noticed she had a bit of a cough so on monday morn i took her to the vets to get checked out vet says its not kennel cough and may be a bit stressed but gave her a injection of antibiotics and a cause to take home with me just to be safe,They also gave me wormer as she would be due, so i wormed her tuesday morn she was fine all day and now today her cough has gone but she wont eat, she is drinking water but totaly refusing food any ideas ??
I phoned the breeder to ask for advice and he said oh westies dont eat that much anyway !

any help is much appricated
Thanks
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 06:49 PM
give her a few days to settle in i have had topaz since friday and shes only just started eating properly today a new home plus going to the vets is a bit of an upheavel .. try not to worry too much try tempting her with some nice tidbits . if all else fails /..sorry i cany help further phone the vets again . if you are really worried . could be the antibiotics putting her off her food also
Dawn
New Member!

20-07-2005, 07:06 PM
thankyou 4 your help settles my mind a little bit
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Firstly congratulations on the little one

I would offer her food 4 times a day at a set time.. Give her 15 minutes.. If not eaten, take it away and wait till next set meal time. She will eat, when she's settled and realises this is her home

Good luck and please dont hesitate to ask again
Dawn
New Member!

21-07-2005, 03:20 PM
thanks for all advice she started eating againg this morning thanks all