View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Dont take this the wrong way but I cant get this thought outa my head. That kibble is like the invention of convenience food for us humans, it didnt work but it was and remains convenient, seen too many dogs get so fat on a dry diet, or was it just the dogs with useless owners who cant read the packet? Mine eat what I eat and are happy and healthy.
shelldron
New Member!
Female 

22-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Thank you for your replies, have decided to get a good book on it and research it all first, it seems rather complex so I don't want to rush into it and not do it right.
Many Thanks.
New2Dogz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by shelldron View Post
Thank you for your replies, have decided to get a good book on it and research it all first, it seems rather complex so I don't want to rush into it and not do it right.
Many Thanks.
I have found the Ian Billinghurst book 'Give Your Dog A Bone' really interesting so I would include that one on your book list - I got my copy out of my local library. It's probably a good idea to read several things though so you can draw your own conclusions and find your own way that suits you best. I'm sure other people on Dogsey can suggest more books - I'd like to hear of them too. There's quite a good page on Wikipedia too although as ever you have to read it critically.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_feeding I have included the link as there are quite a few references given on here as well as links which can be followed up.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2010, 11:33 AM
The Tom Lonsdale book (Raw Meaty Bones?) is also quite good & far simpler that Ian Billinghurst's Give Your Dog a Bone. Whilst I have got the Ian Billinghurst book & I'm a big fan, I think it can be quite off putting for people considering raw/|BARF feeding for the first time.

I went to a talk by Tom Lonsdale a few years ago ~ he was vehemently damning of pet food manufacturers & quoted instances where vet practices are given huge financial incentives to promote & stock particular brands of pet food.

The lady who organised the talk had arranged for poo samples to be collected from dogs on various diets (one on dry, complete food, one on tinned food & one on raw/BARF. The poo samples in specimen jars were passed round the audience so we could see (& smell?) the different faeces produced by the different diets. I can clearly recall trying to stifle giggles as one lady took the lid off the jar with the BARF poo in it & went "hmm.... mushrooms".
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2