Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Just have to say this is my least favourite thread on this forum lol!

The title of it makes me cringe everytime I see it. Slime is a horrible word anyway but ... WINKY? Oh please!
Sorry Tang, you have to get it noticed though dontcha??? As much as they are horrid words they are much worse in the flesh
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the replies, I am still confused as to what to do, he is a nervous boy so that does account for some of his behavior which I manage ok normally (have been caught out by random dogs appearing from nowhere?)
The thing I am struggling with at the moment is that he has nipped 3 people this weekend (when I say nipped I mean a small bruise where he has tried to nip the clothes but caught skin too making a pinch type bruise) They were all done in the house when there was too much excitement/noise going on, I blame myself as the kids were play fighting and running about and he get anxious, the kids say they should be allowed to play in their own house, I say if it upsets Samson to that extent then No, they should not be doing it near him, I don't believe castration will help with that behavior and am managing it by calling him to me when the kids are getting excited but what can I do to curb/stop this??
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Duncan was nervous but friendly before his op, became extremely nervous aggressive after it. Really now would think twice about it if I had a boy.
lablover21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2013, 10:12 AM
.Oh that slime from his winky is not nice is it. When I see it on his winky I tell him "wash winky Oscar" and he washes it. Last week took him to vets to be done he is 18months he is very nervous and barks at people without dogs. Vet saw our nervous he was and told me it could make him worse. He said he needed to see a dog behaviour person to try to help him. He also said if this helped him he could do a chemical castration that I think he said last for about 6months to see if it made him be more nervous or made no difference. If it makes no difference he could have the opp.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I've only ever had 3 males neutered and that's because they live in a mixed sex household. Previously I only had entire males living with other entire males. the 3 that were neutered were all confident happy dogs both before and after the op. Personally, I wouldn't have a nervy dog neutered he needs his testosterone.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

04-07-2013, 10:56 AM
I forgot to say Re: the winky slime, it's just lubrication which is essential to allow his penis to move in and out of the sheath. .My Staffie Diesel doesn't have enough winky slime and is forever getting his lipstick stuck, which requires me or the OH to apply vegetable oil and ease it back in, it's quite painful for him having it stuck out all the time.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I forgot to say Re: the winky slime, it's just lubrication which is essential to allow his penis to move in and out of the sheath. .My Staffie Diesel doesn't have enough winky slime and is forever getting his lipstick stuck, which requires me or the OH to apply vegetable oil and ease it back in, it's quite painful for him having it stuck out all the time.
Please, dear God, may that never happen in this household
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

04-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
Please, dear God, may that never happen in this household
It happens on a daily basis here and thankfully it's never bothered me .
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Duncan used to have that problem and being long haired used to get in quite a state with it all. Not nice for them poor boys.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 11:39 AM
See this is what I believe about him needing his testosterone so have been very against having him done, I called the 4 vets in my area and they were all confused about the implant, had to look it up and then were very against it/tried to talk me out of it, as you will have to pay 2x may as well go straight for the castration blah blah blah actually made me feel stupid for thinking such a thing, neutering was best for male dogs etc.
I do feel I need to have a behaviorist in to help with his ways but also am coming up against my other half who thinks that would be a waste of money so won't even discuss the idea, although I have spoken to several behaviorists over the phone and they agree I need some help with him.... Life eh never simple.
Also do testosterone levels even out as he gets older?? As he is 20 months now, once he stops growing do the levels lower naturally or stay the same??
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »