View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2022, 10:24 PM
Aw, Kelly. You really are a star and I bet the lady was so grateful for the help

However, and tell me to mind my own business, but shouldn't Steve be helping you rather than you helping him while you are so ill?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2022, 10:24 PM
Yeah Lynn, it's upsetting, my overdraft is around £500 that's through keeping Steve afloat whilst off work but I couldn't bare that lady and her boy going without....my dad worked, mum didn't until we were 5 ( she looked after us) dad had a gambling problem, he never saw what my mum had to do or witness what we did.... getting to the till and despite mum doing her best her credit card being declined and having to stand there and decide what had to go back with those behind tutting and muttering. There's people round here that access a food bank and they literally have no need, claim benefits yet have just bought a car newer than my parents, will happily sit in the pub for hours and hours buying drinks....then you have the genuine ones who are so ashamed to ask for help, will go without to feed their child. I will help the genuine ones all day every day but the others.....I hope it comes back to bite them! Mad that we aren't one of the poorest countries in the world yet the people are, I am all for giving a leg up to countries that really need it but when countries are running space programs and taking our "aid" no.....sorry, that's too much!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2022, 10:31 PM
Lol.... Steve is a man Chris, therefore he would never do anything, I am amazed he remembered painkillers!
Thing with Steve is, I have been with him on and off 7 years next year and he still doesn't fully understand what's wrong with me! I have tried explaining, I have sent him links but he says he doesn't want to know, I can only assume he thinks I will become "another" person he gets close to and loses. I did have to tell him last week that if he went for a 4 day shift.....I was sorry but it would be too much for me, I love Molly and would do anything for her but I have noticed how tired and drawn I look and my mum mentioned I looked quite ill the other day.
Trouble is , with me.....I am my own worst enemy.....I probably should rest but I struggled for so long I can't give in now and I will be a long time dead.....what if I just stay home and peg out?? I might as well have been out and about.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2