Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2012, 02:00 AM
That's the issue here, isn't it Phil?

They are such beautiful animals. What's going on behind those eyes?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-11-2012, 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
That's the issue here, isn't it Phil?

They are such beautiful animals. What's going on behind those eyes?
That's exactly the issue.

Who wouldn't take one once they're 'looking' fine ?

It's not about 'looks' so it's good to see rescues telling it how it is. Last thing anybody needs (people or dog) is further confusion.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2012, 07:29 AM
have heard about these, whoever takes them on as to be prepared for the long haul, i took Neam from similar circumstances 4 years ago, there are times when she's still scared
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Poor, poor dogs I really hope they all find a loving forever home with understanding owners who can try and help them through their emotional damage.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Things are on the up.

You can follow them all on the following Blog

http://www.englishspringerrescue.org...ticle/308.html

http://www.englishspringerrescue.org...ticle/307.html
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Things are on the up.

You can follow them all on the following Blog

http://www.englishspringerrescue.org...ticle/308.html

http://www.englishspringerrescue.org...ticle/307.html
I wish I could Phil, but I am unable to access those links as apparently all ISPs from my Country are blacklisted by that organisation.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I wish I could Phil, but I am unable to access those links as apparently all ISPs from my Country are blacklisted by that organisation.
Here you go then - minus the pics

Considering they have only been here for 5 days, Toby and Daisy are amazing. They have walked 7 miles today (we’re worn out but not sure they are).

Sadly both have infections and are on antibiotics but take them happily in mashed potato. We have found out that Toby has an eye problem (probably congenital). It is so sad to think of what they have been through but our goal is to make sure they are happy going forward and if you look at the pictures I think you will see we are on our way to achieving this.

We had them weighed today – Toby is 11.3kg and Daisy 11kg (Toby was the lightest of the males at 9.3Kg when he came in. Web M) Both should be 15 to 20 kg but they are both getting more exercise than they have ever had in their little lives which is probably why they are not putting on any more weight.

Best wishes Christine, Tom + Toby and Daisy x

2nd December 2012

Toby and Daisy .Enjoying the outside world

(an Update from Christine who has rehomed TOBY and DAISY - 2 of the 9 rescued Springers which came in recently)

Hi NWESSR

Thought you might like an update.. We took Toby and Daisy (was Rosie) home yesterday (Friday 30/11th) and they have settled in really well. Toby, who wouldn’t get out of his bed at Kennels since his rescue, has been running round the garden but he’s having to wear a Buster collar as he has a swelling following his castration which obviously irritates him. So far they have been clean which is wonderful.

We have decided to stick with Daisy rather than Rosie – Daisy it seems suits her so well – she’s "Dainty Daisy" and a lovely inquisitive little girl. So all in all they are doing so well. We took Toby to the vet today as we were worried about his castration, and the vet was so taken with him and his situation that he waived his consultation fee!

I am attaching 2 pictures and hope to get some better ones when Toby is without the collar.
Best wishes

Chris

Generic Updates on all the dogs, their initial condition, etc. are all below;

Update 8th Dec 2012 -

Fred re-homed - 5 of 9 now settling into new homes for Christmas (He had an infection and was on antibiotics when he went though had to have surgery to remove the infected tissue)

Update 2nd Dec 2012 -

FOUR Now re-homed (Mick, Toby, Daisy and Poppy) , see our December Rehomed page

There is also a letter on Toby and Daisy HERE

Update 28th November;

Since arriving with us 2 weeks ago all of the dogs have gained weight gradually and have become much more out going. They are used to being groomed and bathed and with varying degrees of success they are getting used to being walked on a collar a lead. They are quite comfortable being handled and are bonding well with everyone at Kennels. They are still on 3 meals a day plus pro-biotic yoghurt which they are enjoying! They have now ALL been neutered, had their teeth done and been micro-chipped. Today they had the second part of their vaccinations. "Mick" has already gone to his new home where he has a StaffieX female for company and she has taken him under her wing and is teaching him how to be a dog his new owner’s will be getting his second vaccination done. They sleep cuddled up on the rug and in a large bed and she is a wonderful role model for him because she is well trained and full of confidence. "Toby" and "Rosie" will be going to a new home together later this week .

"Poppy" went yesterday and is sharing her home with a slightly older Rottie and they too seem to be getting on well. They are now all ready to move onto new homes as they become available. They still need some weight on so will need to remain on 3 meals a day for a while yet but we are confident that they are well on their way to becoming happy, healthy and loving dogs and the trauma of their early years will gradually fade away and become a distant memory.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL Your Donations, We have received donations of all sizes and it really has helped with the costs involved with the Neutering, Microchips, Anaesthetic, Dental, Jabs etc etc. - YOU have all been amazing. Thanks to people who are re-homing these dogs and starting them on the road to what is a genuine life for these dogs, where they can live, eat, play and sleep as they should!

Paul
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Thankyou Phil - I had wanted to read your links when you first posted them but was unable to do so. Unfortunately it is not the first time that Israeli IPs have been blacklisted by an organisation and I doubt it will be the last, but it is not a very nice feeling.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2012, 01:21 AM
That's OK

It's just nice to see that they're getting homes and things are improving for them.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2