View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't leave my dogs outside shops, well I don't take them to the shops on foot ... it would be a very long walk However, I can see both sides. It is a damn shame that in this day and age you can't leave your dog tied up outside a shop anymore without the fear of it being stolen, teased, hurt etc Having said that, you are responsible for keeping your dog safe and because of the type of world we now live in, it is a bit unwise to leave them alone where other people can become involved.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
It is a damn shame that in this day and age you can't leave your dog tied up outside a shop anymore without the fear of it being stolen, teased, hurt etc Having said that, you are responsible for keeping your dog safe and because of the type of world we now live in, it is a bit unwise to leave them alone where other people can become involved.
Excellently put!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I don't leave my dogs outside shops, well I don't take them to the shops on foot ... it would be a very long walk However, I can see both sides. It is a damn shame that in this day and age you can't leave your dog tied up outside a shop anymore without the fear of it being stolen, teased, hurt etc Having said that, you are responsible for keeping your dog safe and because of the type of world we now live in, it is a bit unwise to leave them alone where other people can become involved.
well said,

I was thinking about this thread, then thought, I can imagine the response this would have got 30 years ago, things just seemed so much simpler then,
have people really changed that much?
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Thats what worries me, 30 years ago this would not have been an issue, what will we not be able to do in another 30 years time?!?
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Although the Lady was wrong to feed your Dog, chances are she had NO idea chocolate is poisonous to Dogs...would have been a good opportunity to educate her.

No real harm done, put it down to experience
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Amie View Post
Although the Lady was wrong to feed your Dog, chances are she had NO idea chocolate is poisonous to Dogs...would have been a good opportunity to educate her.

No real harm done, put it down to experience
Its not so much that she was feeding chocolate. I don't think she knew it is harmful, and anyway such a small quantity would have done no harm.
It is more the attitude and the fact she fed her anything at all that bothers me. she was using the puppy as something to entertain her son whilst she had a fag, i do not think that she actually THOUGHT at all!!
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 08:22 PM
If my pup had reacted I may have, but he was distracted by the other kids/teens so we just kept on walking. I would probably be wary of starting an argument with anyone waving a golf club though!
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Did you say anything?!

Its that type of situation that gets me in trouble as I can't hald my tounge!!

Bravado or not- you are totally right he could have really scared your dog!!!
If my pup had reacted I may have, but he was distracted by the other kids/teens so we just kept on walking. I would probably be wary of starting an argument with anyone waving a golf club though!
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Still on thread- just been chatting to a friend down south who tied her Collie up outside a local village shop to find it gone when she returned-...........

her Hubby had it and was hiding behind a hedge having hysterics at her frantic searching- running about, and finally tears before he came out!!!!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Still on thread- just been chatting to a friend down south who tied her Collie up outside a local village shop to find it gone when she returned-...........

her Hubby had it and was hiding behind a hedge having hysterics at her frantic searching- running about, and finally tears before he came out!!!!!
hmmmmmmmm I hope hubby had fun as I am sure he is paying for it now I know my O/H would be
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >