Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
There is no point in blaming the people who were feeding the dog though----that was my point. They might have been irresponsibe, stupid and rude but they wouldn't have been able to if the dog hadn't been put there.

I thought I was quite restrained!

rune
so coz she left her dog outside a shop it was ok for the woman to feed her dog??... what about people who leave kids outside a shop? would it be ok for me to go and feed them coz i wouldnt have been able to if their parents hadnt left them there?? no it wouldnt! they shouldnt have done it! whether or not she left her dog outside shouldnt matter, people should be able to leave their dogs and be safe in the knowledge that no harm will come to them. its horrible that people cant do that these days, and that when someone does they get shot down for it.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rather my dog was fed chocolate than kicked to death.

The two things are not comparable imo, to do so detracts from the poor pup who died like that.

You know you were lucky because you said originally you didn't feel right about doing it. So yes---I think you were lucky she wasn't abused.

Don't make me the ogre because I pointed it out and didn't sympathise with you.

rune
she wasnt trying to detract from the pup, she was merely making the point that people always put the blame on the owners, not the stupid or sick people doing it! that poor girl lost her dog, and people are finding ways to blame her! its sickening!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 08:49 AM
You would be stupid to leave kids outside a shop----wouldn't you? As with the dog far worse things could happen to them than someone giving them sweets!!

Who is putting the blame on the girl with the pup? I haven't kept up with that one as I really can't cope with so many awful things happening to various animals---hence why I try to be careful with them. Enough accidents can happen without me helping them along.

rune
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 11:09 AM
You would be stupid to leave kids outside a shop----wouldn't you? As with the dog far worse things could happen to them than someone giving them sweets!!

Who is putting the blame on the girl with the pup? I haven't kept up with that one as I really can't cope with so many awful things happening to various animals---hence why I try to be careful with them. Enough accidents can happen without me helping them along.

rune
i know you would be stupid to do that, we have all heard the horror stories of kids getting abducted and killed, but people still do it. and i think its terrible that people cant, just coz of all the b*****ds out there. same with being able to leave a dog outside a shop, we should be able to do it without people thinking they can steal, hurt, feed the dog etc.

people are going on about how the pup shouldve been on a lead and why was he out when he was 10 weeks old and the like.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2009, 11:20 AM

rune
But that is the problem, your way of avoiding 'accidents' (which are usually far from accidental, the people mean to hurt the animals because they want to - sad but true) is to limit your own activities more and more.

The day will come when you will not be able to walk your dog or let it out the house without inviting 'accidents'!!

I think these things should be dealt with!! There would be much less 'accidents' if people were held accountable!!

Lozzi's point is that you SHOULD be able to leave kids or dogs outside a shop without 'accidents' or abuse happening. Not that she WOULD do it and that is is wrong that we cannot trust humans to look after animals or children.

There are so many awful incidents at the moment!! The nice people need to get a bit harsher with the nasty ones to try and stop it getting worse!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 11:46 AM
If it keeps my animals/children safe then I live in this world and will limit or adapt what I do.

Of course it shouldn't happen but it does. We'd all like it to change but unless we vote in a party who will stamp down hard and sort all the social problems out it ain't going to happen.

rune
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I work in a big pet-store which allows owners to bring their dogs inside. I always have a pocketful of dog treats, but I would never feed a strangers dog without their permission first... What if the dog was diabetic? - And in truth the amount of owners which decline and explain that their dog has got dietry issues, or cannot have treats do to a special diet is very high.

This made me think of a time a couple of years ago when I was waiting outside a shop with a very yummy hot-dog. There was a huge Rottweiler tied up - Eyeing up my poor hotdog and pining, I actually waited (saving a piece of the sausage) until the owner came out of the store and asked if it was ok if I gave the dog the last piece.
Needless to say it gobbled it up possibly not even tasting it, - And I think I have a friend for life.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
This made me think of a time a couple of years ago when I was waiting outside a shop with a very yummy hot-dog. There was a huge Rottweiler tied up - Eyeing up my poor hotdog and pining, I actually waited (saving a piece of the sausage) until the owner came out of the store and asked if it was ok if I gave the dog the last piece.
Needless to say it gobbled it up possibly not even tasting it, - And I think I have a friend for life.
aw, thats such a lovely story. it made me smile
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:17 PM
If it keeps my animals/children safe then I live in this world and will limit or adapt what I do.

Of course it shouldn't happen but it does. We'd all like it to change but unless we vote in a party who will stamp down hard and sort all the social problems out it ain't going to happen.

rune
I'm up for that - do you know of one?

Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
I work in a big pet-store which allows owners to bring their dogs inside. I always have a pocketful of dog treats, but I would never feed a strangers dog without their permission first... What if the dog was diabetic? - And in truth the amount of owners which decline and explain that their dog has got dietry issues, or cannot have treats do to a special diet is very high.

Thats great!! and i really wish more places were dog friendly too!!
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2009, 12:44 PM
I was walking my pup past a group of kids in the park and as usual he was trying to go say hello and I was encouraging him to keep walking along with me. One of the lads starting waving a golf club at him and saying "I'll sort him out for you" as if to hit him with it.

I don't think he ever intended to hit him (he was just being "tough guy" in front of his mates) but still I couldn't believe someone would do that, even in jest. Luckily my pup didn't take much notice of him (he's seen people playing golf before) but what better way to get attacked than threaten a strange dog with a golf club? Or even worse, maybe scare it so that it attacks the next toddler who waves a stick near it?
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
I was walking my pup past a group of kids in the park and as usual he was trying to go say hello and I was encouraging him to keep walking along with me. One of the lads starting waving a golf club at him and saying "I'll sort him out for you" as if to hit him with it.

I don't think he ever intended to hit him (he was just being "tough guy" in front of his mates) but still I couldn't believe someone would do that, even in jest. Luckily my pup didn't take much notice of him (he's seen people playing golf before) but what better way to get attacked than threaten a strange dog with a golf club? Or even worse, maybe scare it so that it attacks the next toddler who waves a stick near it?
Did you say anything?!

Its that type of situation that gets me in trouble as I can't hald my tounge!!

Bravado or not- you are totally right he could have really scared your dog!!!
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »