tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
So I get why you are mad
Thanks - made me feel better

Originally Posted by Natalia_leigh View Post
Oh no! that's wrong in mutiple of ways!! I would have said something to her like "are you stupid you could of killed my dog"!!
By the time i got home i was just about ready to turn back to go find her and give her a piece of my mind!! Dog rage!!

Originally Posted by rune View Post
Yes but you put the dog in that position----I think tying them up and leaving them leaves them open to all kinds of abuse. They thought they were being kind----suppose someone came along with evil intent. They could have been there and gone before you even knew they were there!

Big learning curve and I'd be thankful that nothing worse happened.

rune
Yes- my mistake- but as stated I was already feeling very guilty about it even before i returned outside- that in itself was enough to make be never do it again, let alone finding people feeding her!
And i disagree a bit about the woman thinking she was being kind- I think she was the type that doesn't think at all!! she was just using the puppy to keep her kids amused so she could have a fag!!!

Originally Posted by oldshep52 View Post
Would it not be better to explain sensibly and rationally why they should not have fed your dog as opposed to coming over as a rude and unpleasant ambassador for dog owners?
Good point- but honestly with some people it really is a waste of breath!!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:26 PM
i think rune was very harsh.

i see what everyone is saying about not leaving dogs tied up outside, but i think sometimes you have to. i like to take jake everywhere with me, but if i didnt leave him outside i couldnt and he would be left at home. luckily, i always meet my mum when i go to the shops for something and take him, so she holds him outside. but i have left him tied up twice, but both times were outside small shops where there were big glass windows so i could watch him the whole time. other wise, i just couldnt bring myself to do it.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post

i see what everyone is saying about not leaving dogs tied up outside, but i think sometimes you have to. i like to take jake everywhere with me, but if i didnt leave him outside i couldnt and he would be left at home. luckily, i always meet my mum when i go to the shops for something and take him, so she holds him outside. but i have left him tied up twice, but both times were outside small shops where there were big glass windows so i could watch him the whole time. other wise, i just couldnt bring myself to do it.
The way I see it is you wouldn't leave your handbag on the pavement, so why leave something that's a million times more precious? I'm with Rune here, I think there are too many sick people out there who would steal a dog or hurt them just for fun.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post

Thats my problem, I am lucky enough to work from home and otherwise Werm comes everywhere with me-( apart form when I teach at the gym- for some reason they are funny about dogs there!?!)
So if I am out and about i generally take her with me, is a shame as it actually is a nice walk to our local tesco if i have nothing too bulky to get but after all this I think i will opt to leave her at home
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 02:11 PM
I never leave my lot outside shops alone, more so as I would be worried that older kids would try to wind them up to get some sort of rottie type reaction as they would see it,

I dont even leave them in the back of the car in car parks now, people cant help but pass and bang on the window to see what the big ole bad rottie will do....its so bloody frustrating,
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
The way I see it is you wouldn't leave your handbag on the pavement, so why leave something that's a million times more precious? I'm with Rune here, I think there are too many sick people out there who would steal a dog or hurt them just for fun.
I totally agree, you only have to have a look on Doglost to see how many dogs go missing every day.

I'm glad you're not going to be leaving Werm outside a shop again Just thinking about it, makes me feel sick........
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I totally agree, you only have to have a look on Doglost to see how many dogs go missing every day.

I'm glad you're not going to be leaving Werm outside a shop again Just thinking about it, makes me feel sick........
Oh Lord!! perish the thought!!! That gave me chills!! although I love to have her with me it is just not worth it is it?!!

Darn wicked society we live in spoiling my Werm's fun She loves coming with me!!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Oh Lord!! perish the thought!!! That gave me chills!! although I love to have her with me it is just not worth it is it?!!

Darn wicked society we live in spoiling my Werm's fun She loves coming with me!!!
I know Nothing is safe, nowadays........

Makes me so sad x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I know Nothing is safe, nowadays........

Makes me so sad x
and when you think they used to leave babies in prams outside shops. it is really sad that the trust has gone now and sadly for good reason too.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
but there is a nicer way to say things, and i think very few owners have never left their dog outside a shop at least once. she said in her first post that it was a mistake and she was worried the whole time, and people were here immediately telling her she was wrong in doing that...
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »