Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2017, 08:20 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 10 February

Good morning everyone, so cold I stayed in bed later still this morning. Don't want to go out but must get Amber out poor lass.

June hope you had a good night with the girls and no other disturbances.

Lynn, well if Mark wants the job I hope he gets it.

Everyone else hope you are all ok.

Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-02-2017, 09:16 AM
This made me smile....I hope it might for others.
There is a local fellow, now in his late teens I think. He is autistic but at the lower end of the spectrum.

He befriended Max, my dog, pretty much as soon as we got him.We hadn't seen him in several months. Call him C.

I was just turning in to our front gate from our late afternoon stroll. Max spotted C trotting up the walkway and galloped off to greet him. And be greeted by him.

Good for both I think and just one of those moments in time.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Good morning everyone

Keep as warm as possible Moyra and I dont blame you staying in bed for as kong as possible.

Lovely story B and beneficial to both parties. You have such a lovely dog in Max

Hope you had a good night June and no problems today.

Do hope Mark hears one about the job fingers crossed it is good news.

Dull but doesn't seem as cold as yesterday. Out to see my friend this afternoon so lovely chat and naughty cake I will also see if you needs anything doing round the house before I leave her.

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Very nice for both of them to enjoy each other's company but particularly for his friend C who needs this type of communication so much more.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Morning Moyra, Beseoker, Sue and all who follow.
Not so cold here now Moyra it has been snowing not a lot but snowflakes nonetheless.
Nice story Besoeker.

Mark said if he was offered the job he would take it. It is hard work and he would be outside in the yard most of the time. It is hard graft and very cold in the winter.
They do notice their staff though and if they want to take their fork lift license they will put them in for it and pay for the training also if they want to get their hgv class 1 upwards in time.
So sounds like a good place to work for.

Better get on with some housework decided to get the pressure washer out even though it is snowing got it all set up and realised I had switched the wrong switch on for the power. Better than what I first thought the washer had packed up but I gave up.
It is over to Austen and Alex tomorrow for its velocity joint to be done Monday and a sensor looked at.
Dillon being very clingy am sat at the table as he keeps insisting sitting on my lap when I try to do anything.

Hope everyone is well and all is quiet on the western front June. Plus all our four legged friends are well to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2017, 11:31 AM
Morning all
I am bloomin frozen again Lol..well it is winter and i should just man up!! put the heating back on and if my dad whinges i will just chuck a tenner at him and tell him to do one Lol...can't have my pups cold or poor old dex can i?
i think the relationship between animals and people who are on the spectrum is awesome, the change in behaviour can be amazing...animals are so calming. I also like the thing that some schools do where the children read to the dogs that are in kennels...beneficial to both parties, the kids get to practice without being judged and the dogs get company..terrific
Heads up, supervet 8pm thursday channel 4
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Cold here but no snow, one of my puppy owners (has Horatio's sister) who is in Nottingham says its snowing there and whilst I was out with Kesh and Zen youngest son rang and said they had had snow in Yorkshire. Well wrapped up again and was too warm if anything by the time I had done 2 walks.
Cariad and Lona have been in a school helping children to read and I have a few puppies gone to homes with kids with special needs, aspergers and autism. They are the most loved dogs and take such care of 'their' charges it is wonderful to hear about.
Wonder whats up with Dillon, Lynn. Thats a lot of dog to be sitting on your knee!!!
Griff, you need a 'proper' fire, you'd always be warm, house keeps warm so much longer as all the bricks get warm.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2017, 01:37 PM
i would love a proper fire, my ex had one and it was amazing...well actually we lived in a cottage with a kitchen diner and an open fire and a front room with an open fire..loved it on a winters night.
We've had a bit of snow here not much but proper flakes, it isn't settling yet, will worry about Steve driving his bus in it, mind you if it settles they just stop all the transport, my brother laughs his head off as we get a tiny bit and everything grinds to a standstill and in london it all just carries on as usual
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2017, 01:51 PM
There you are then Griff, instead of buying yet another car, your dad can get a multi fuel burner, probably cheaper than a car anyway
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Hope you've warmed up griff.
Glad your walks were uneventful June.

Snow stopped here but very cold and a slight breeze. The snow just made everywhere wet.
I think Dillon is getting soppy in hos old age June. He has never been and ott overly affectionate dog last week when he was feeling a little poorly with anal glands he was a bit more clingy. He seems very playful and eating well but seems to want to cuddle a lot more at the moment. I don't mind but sometimes when I am trying to eat my breakfast it can be a tad annoying.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >