Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 10:59 PM

Any GOOD training classes in Paisley or Glasgow

I have checked the APDT's website - the only person doing classes within about 30 mins from me was the lady I used to go to - and her classes are full
Everyone else on there dosent do classes

Everyone I can find on the web isnt doing classes any more

I am looking for a fun class to work some more with my two - hopefully get Bens gold KCGC
But the only classes I know that people have gone to round here are horrible!! Holding a puppy down till it puked, letting the trainers dog attack another dog to show it how to greet other dogs!!

anyone know of any good uns???
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 11:39 PM
i am actually looking for a fun class to do obediance with my mums bitch emmy hopefully maybe beable to compete with her at some point, i found an agility class called cleddens agility http://cleddensagilityclub.webs.com/training.htm

its a good class but i have only been once with kaine that was last week, the trainers seem very friendly and work with you and your dog to find out what will make them go if my mum finds kaines vaccs card i will be going back

if you find a good obediance class please let me know it would be great to go to one with emmy
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Would Banknock be too far? Not sure if she does KCGC though.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I am going to a training workshop in Pollok Park on Sunday, it's for loose leash and recall, lasts about 2hrs and they only have 8 in the class, the trainers use APDT methods, so no violence!.
It is being organised by Wizard of Paws (don't know how to link it in a post ) but if you look at their website, they have a lot of different training classes.
I visit the shop and they have always been very helpful and friendly.
If all goes well I hope to do a course next.
There is a trainer called Lara West (APDT trainer ) who ran a class at Barshaw Park which I took Charlie to when he was a pup, she was very good but I'm not sure if she still does it.
Hope this helps
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
I am going to a training workshop in Pollok Park on Sunday, it's for loose leash and recall, lasts about 2hrs and they only have 8 in the class, the trainers use APDT methods, so no violence!.
It is being organised by Wizard of Paws (don't know how to link it in a post ) but if you look at their website, they have a lot of different training classes.
I visit the shop and they have always been very helpful and friendly.
If all goes well I hope to do a course next.
There is a trainer called Lara West (APDT trainer ) who ran a class at Barshaw Park which I took Charlie to when he was a pup, she was very good but I'm not sure if she still does it.
Hope this helps
Thanks hun - I mailed Wizard of Paws a couple of nights ago but havent heard from them yet - their classes look good
Lara is amazing - I have been to loads of her classes but unfort she is full at the moment

Let us know how the class goes - that sounds fun