View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 04:06 PM
I had Ciaran at 19 and CJ at 23. (they are 8 and nearly 13 and I am 32, Alex is nearly 41)

I did have a fleeting thought of having another but Alex was quick to say no..LOL though If I did want another he would...

I feel like I am getting my life back now as the kids are more able to do stuff for themselves..I only see Ciaran now when he wants money, fed or at bedtime!!!

I don't think I would have anymore after 40
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2008, 04:48 PM
My mum had me when she was 21 and my dad 23. I have now reached the ripe old age of 41 and am only interested in the 4 legged variety of babies!!

My mother in law is nearly 81 and she was 33 when my hubby was born (he is 48 in December).

I grew up knowing my parents and my grand parents - also also my great grandmother. My hubby has no recollections of grandparents and I feel a bit sorry for him. He met my nan before she died and they get on like a house on fire.

I think 40 would be the latest age I would have considered having a child.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I think it depends on the person. I think I would still consider it into my early 40's.

I was married at 20 and expected to have children during that marriage but it didn't happen and by 28 i was single and pretty much an emotional wreck. I then got involved in a very emotionally manipulative.....i moved to uni and ended it, but then found out i was pregnant. I had a termination in very difficult circimstances, not that that is ever easy, had years of trying to get better and finally became in control of depression, then met Paul 16 months ago when i was 33.

I made it really clear that i wanted children and we started trying 6 months after we met. I think if you decide that it is what you want and you are 33 then you have to go for it! I knew there was a possibility that it would take me a while to conceive. As you know i miscarried last year, and at 34 and the possibilities of having children seemed even further away. Now pregnant again i am almost 35 and counted as a geriatric mother (but i think they have change the term now).

what i am trying to say is that i don't think you always know until you are in that situation. I never expected my life to go the way it did when i was married at 20!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I think it depends on the person. I think I would still consider it into my early 40's.

I was married at 20 and expected to have children during that marriage but it didn't happen and by 28 i was single and pretty much an emotional wreck. I then got involved in a very emotionally manipulative.....i moved to uni and ended it, but then found out i was pregnant. I had a termination in very difficult circimstances, not that that is ever easy, had years of trying to get better and finally became in control of depression, then met Paul 16 months ago when i was 33.

I made it really clear that i wanted children and we started trying 6 months after we met. I think if you decide that it is what you want and you are 33 then you have to go for it! I knew there was a possibility that it would take me a while to conceive. As you know i miscarried last year, and at 34 and the possibilities of having children seemed even further away. Now pregnant again i am almost 35 and counted as a geriatric mother (but i think they have change the term now).

what i am trying to say is that i don't think you always know until you are in that situation. I never expected my life to go the way it did when i was married at 20!
but im sure its all worked out for the best now hun x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I'd say different for everyone.
We intended to have kids when we first got married, then Paul had such a bad accident we decided against. 12 years it took to get him better and for me, the time was past cos I was 42. But it wasn't a longing for me, so that was fine, we are happy with no kids.
But I know others who have desperately tried and gone through IVF, and finally had their children in their early 40s.
They are now deliriously happy and their children will be loved every day of their lives.
My mum had me at 23 and she never loved me.
If I had the choice, I'd be the wanted child of the older mother. Love is there. More important than age.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
but im sure its all worked out for the best now hun x

Oh yes - most definately. I never thought i would meet someone as kind as Paul.......it's amazing what the internet can do! lol!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:29 PM
i wouldnt

nah probs about 33 tops (same as mum)but tbh im more broody over afoal or a puppy - but i am 20.... give me another 7/8 years
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
i wouldnt

nah probs about 33 tops (same as mum)but tbh im more broody over afoal or a puppy - but i am 20.... give me another 7/8 years
Yep - not everyone is the same but i felt like you at 20 and things can change with age, especially when if you decide you want them later and find yourself single at 33!
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:42 PM
My Mum was 40 when she had me (child number 6 ), 42 when she had my brother and 46 when she had my sister (who was a twin who unfortunately did not make it).

I will never forget the stigma of having 'Nanny' picking me up from school, the old fashioned clothes and the lack of understanding of modern music etc. How I envied my friend's trendy Mums.

Even now there is a huge chasm between me and my mother and if I hadn't had my kids when I was young (20 and 21) I would never have had any.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:43 PM
My dad was 48 when I was born. He died 6 months after my son was born, when i was 30. In all honesty I feel my son has been robbed of his grandfather to a certain extent and I've been robbed of watching that relationship grow,I think there is a cut off age because it doesn't only effect the parent, it effects the child, the grandchildren, the works.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »