Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Sorry i have missed this Shona (hugs) Good luck today xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 08:59 AM
just back... yes it would seem since having the tooth filled.. I now have an abcess... my dentist said the gum is very swollen.. so took and xray... gave me anti-biotics.. I have to go back and have the tooth taken out on the 30th

dont laugh when I say this.. but I have always had problems when I sneeze.. if Im not careful. I bite the inside of my cheek... so... with the gum being swollen.. I have been biting the inside of my cheek again...leaving loads of lesions.. so the inside of my cheek is really swollen too... which is kinda not helping anything...

Im hopeing the Anti biotics help quickly... im still in a lot of pain..

thanks so much guys for listening to me whine on about this xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
just back... yes it would seem since having the tooth filled.. I now have an abcess... my dentist said the gum is very swollen.. so took and xray... gave me anti-biotics.. I have to go back and have the tooth taken out on the 30th

dont laugh when I say this.. but I have always had problems when I sneeze.. if Im not careful. I bite the inside of my cheek... so... with the gum being swollen.. I have been biting the inside of my cheek again...leaving loads of lesions.. so the inside of my cheek is really swollen too... which is kinda not helping anything...

Im hopeing the Anti biotics help quickly... im still in a lot of pain..

thanks so much guys for listening to me whine on about this xx
You're always there for us Shona..and you've not been too bad...honest

As I said earlier, my antibiotics worked really quickly so I'm sure yours will do the same...I have everything crossed for you and hope you soon manage to eat without any discomfort and, more importantly, get some well needed sleep. xxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Sorry I missed this, hope the ABs work quickly, did he give you painkillers? Gentle, healing hugs from me.x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
You're always there for us Shona..and you've not been too bad...honest

As I said earlier, my antibiotics worked really quickly so I'm sure yours will do the same...I have everything crossed for you and hope you soon manage to eat without any discomfort and, more importantly, get some well needed sleep. xxxxx
thanks hun x

but I think I have made far more of a fuss over this than you did over your surgery... I know Im such a woose... Just you wait untill it gets near the time to have it pulled... I will be so scared..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Sorry I missed this, hope the ABs work quickly, did he give you painkillers? Gentle, healing hugs from me.x
awe thanks hun... no I didnt get painkillers from the dentist... but dougie stopped in at the chemist last night on his way home from work and got me.. paramol... they are really good.. its paracetamol and dihydrocodeine in one tab...
Im mixing them with neurophen... like a right little drug addict.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Just you wait untill it gets near the time to have it pulled... I will be so scared..
Hope I can reassure you Shona it's not like it used to be, if your dentist is any good you should hardly know it's gone I'm glad you've got the problem diagnosed and hoping the A/Bs kick in quickly and you can get through the next few days OK. IMO toothache is one of the things which anyone is entitled to moan about 'cos it's so constant and painful.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Shona sorry I wasn't about earlier I have er.. just woken up!!

Am so glad they have told you what it is and the antibios should start working by the end of tonight but defo tomorrow. Keep taking the painkillers. Don't worry about the tooth coming out the fact there is an abcess and that you grind your teeth will mean it is relatively loose anyway and the injections they give you now would probably work on a horse.

Hark at me eh...the worlds biggest kiff when it comes to dentists!! I'm all full of wise words till its me!!!!

Hope you get a better sleep last night and I'd give Gordonsgum shield a go, it can't do any harm
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hope I can reassure you Shona it's not like it used to be, if your dentist is any good you should hardly know it's gone I'm glad you've got the problem diagnosed and hoping the A/Bs kick in quickly and you can get through the next few days OK. IMO toothache is one of the things which anyone is entitled to moan about 'cos it's so constant and painful.
thanks harvey... Im so bloody tired

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Shona sorry I wasn't about earlier I have er.. just woken up!!

Am so glad they have told you what it is and the antibios should start working by the end of tonight but defo tomorrow. Keep taking the painkillers. Don't worry about the tooth coming out the fact there is an abcess and that you grind your teeth will mean it is relatively loose anyway and the injections they give you now would probably work on a horse.

Hark at me eh...the worlds biggest kiff when it comes to dentists!! I'm all full of wise words till its me!!!!

Hope you get a better sleep last night and I'd give Gordonsgum shield a go, it can't do any harm
having a mini hybernate are you?? lol.. I find if I dont force myself up.. I can sleep a hell of a lot longer in the winter {not with this bloody toothache though.. im knackered.. }

Cant find gordons gum shield... I think im so knackered I should sleep tonight... Im getting a tad grumpy now...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Should think those AB's will be working by now or I certainly hope they are. Good luck for getting a good nights sleep.
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »