View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:24 PM
he shouldnt joke about a tumor, a dear friend of ours is very ill with that, it has now spread to his lungs, its a matter of weeks now, such a lovely man.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:32 PM
No, that's true, my husband annoys me when he comes out with things like that, he always says "don't worry, it's only a brain tumour"!!!! Why oh why, if they really think it is something as serious as that, don't they get themselves off to the doc's then!!!!!! We don't know quite how bad it is do we, we can only go by what they are saying and how much pain they look to be in!

Next time he has one of his turns Random, I suggest you call an ambulance like I did for mine. They'll soon tell him if it's something to worry about and whisk him straight off, or they will do like they did with mine and tell him it's only a migraine! They know by asking the right questions whether or not he needs to be seen by somebody, so that will put your mind at rest. I've spent years worrying about my O/H with his, and his Mum tells me he's had them all his life!!! Maybe ask your O/H's Mum about this????
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Blokes are so stupid sometimes, they really need a clump! Sorry, but this makes me so mad, and you are obviously frantic with worry, Kel, as I would be.

Not too sure what you can threaten him with to get him there, but he really needs to see a doctor as quickly as possible.

If he dropped down dead, it would be too late.... tell him that!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 03:30 PM
How about taking out a huge insurance policy on himthen show him and say you're so worried about him but you thought you'd take out a policy so that you are taken care of when he goes!
Alternatively get him to read this thread! Maybe the embarrasment will get him down the GP's?
Becky
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
How about taking out a huge insurance policy on himthen show him and say you're so worried about him but you thought you'd take out a policy so that you are taken care of when he goes!
Alternatively get him to read this thread! Maybe the embarrasment will get him down the GP's?
Becky
I may get him to read this thread, but I doubt it would make a difference, maybe he'd see it wasn't just me worrying about nothing.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 03:50 PM
I hope he does the sensible thing for you.
Becky
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Blokes are so stupid sometimes, they really need a clump! Sorry, but this makes me so mad, and you are obviously frantic with worry, Kel, as I would be.

Not too sure what you can threaten him with to get him there, but he really needs to see a doctor as quickly as possible.

If he dropped down dead, it would be too late.... tell him that!
Tried it Vicki, he just says i'm being silly. And then he goes out and says, "Bye! I'll try not to die while i'm out!"

He always jokes about everything, I know it's just his way and probably one of the reasons I fell for him in the first place, but I wish he'd just go and get checked out, even if it is nothing.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
No, that's true, my husband annoys me when he comes out with things like that, he always says "don't worry, it's only a brain tumour"!!!! Why oh why, if they really think it is something as serious as that, don't they get themselves off to the doc's then!!!!!! We don't know quite how bad it is do we, we can only go by what they are saying and how much pain they look to be in!

Next time he has one of his turns Random, I suggest you call an ambulance like I did for mine. They'll soon tell him if it's something to worry about and whisk him straight off, or they will do like they did with mine and tell him it's only a migraine! They know by asking the right questions whether or not he needs to be seen by somebody, so that will put your mind at rest. I've spent years worrying about my O/H with his, and his Mum tells me he's had them all his life!!! Maybe ask your O/H's Mum about this????
I think maybe his mum needs to know about it, but I know he doesn't want her to find out. Wonder why if he thinks it's just nothing eh?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
he shouldnt joke about a tumor, a dear friend of ours is very ill with that, it has now spread to his lungs, its a matter of weeks now, such a lovely man.
I know this too, he jokes but it could well be, but joking has always been his way of coping in difficult situations. A friend of mine's mum has a brain tumour, it's very sad and she's not directly close to me. I don't know what i'd do if it was I really don't.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by patterlands View Post
now no sex could be a good one,it says on that link that migraines can come on due to sexual arousal
You have no idea how stubborn he is, more will power then me I think in that department.
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »