Female 

21-03-2007, 01:18 PM
I hope you manage to get him to a doctor's soon Good luck, thinking of you x
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 01:44 PM
i had a prob were my dad wouldnt go to the docs,so i foned them
if you fone the docs and explain the situation they may fone your boyfriend for you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 02:02 PM
It's definitely a man thing that they won't go to the doc's. My O/H always says "what's the point, what can they do?"! Well you won't know till you get there will you!!! Grrr.

My husband has severe migraines too, he disappears in bed for 24 hours, but the last couple of times, he's actually woken me up saying it's the worst headache he's ever had, he was holding the back of his head like it was going to fall off, blah, blah, blah, and I called the NHS direct I was so worried. Out came the paramedics, and even though he was in a cold, then hot sweat with the severe headache they didn't think he had anything serious enough to whisk him off. I'm sure I remember him saying he had a "metallic" taste in his mouth too??? Could that be the same as the taste of blood your O/H had?? Is he on any medication, coz some of those can cause that metallic taste in your mouth, I do know that for a fact?

He really does sound as if he needs to see someone, just to put YOUR mind at rest if not his own. Chest pains doing anything strenuous is notgood, the biggest strain you can ever put on your heart is to lift something too!!!

Why don't you spend £10 and go to Lloyds Pharmacy and get one of those blood pressure monitors? We got one and they're brilliant! At least that way,if there is something seriously wrong with him, i.e. high blood pressure, or even too low perhaps, he could see it for himself and maybe change his mind about seeing a doc?

Also, they've got a new migraine tablet out now called Imigran, and you have to answer a questionnaire when you buy them, which you could possibly answer? (I managed to answer all the questions for my O/H when I got them). Depending on your answers, they will either give you the tablets, or tell you he's got to go to a doctor!!!! My husband hasn't tried them yet, you get 2 tablets in the box at a cost of £8!!!!!! If they work, you then go to the doc's and he will give you a prescription for them when you will get 6 tablets, so it works out cheaper when you pay for the prescription, or you might get them free if you get free prescriptions.

Maybe suggest you could go with him to the docs and hold his hand! They're all the same, he's no different, men have a phobia about doctors.

I do hope you get him to see somebody, or do like I said and at least get a b.p. monitor. Your b.p. is very informative of your current state of health, so if it's normal he doesn't have too much of a problem.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 04:00 PM
any news yet?? just came across this thread,
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 11:20 AM
I rang NHS direct and they have told me basically the same as everyone has, get him to a doctor. They offered to ring him and chat to him but he'd go mad at me for getting them to do that.

They said to make an appointment with my own GP and have a chat with him about it, so i'm gonna do that. God knows how long the waiting list is gonna be though, I had to wait almost 6 weeks to be seen for period pains.
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I rang NHS direct and they have told me basically the same as everyone has, get him to a doctor. They offered to ring him and chat to him but he'd go mad at me for getting them to do that.

They said to make an appointment with my own GP and have a chat with him about it, so i'm gonna do that. God knows how long the waiting list is gonna be though, I had to wait almost 6 weeks to be seen for period pains.
aww dear,6 weeks thats crazy
is he still certain hes not going to go?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by patterlands View Post
aww dear,6 weeks thats crazy
is he still certain hes not going to go?
Yep, no changing his mind, he keeps just making jokes about it.
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Yep, no changing his mind, he keeps just making jokes about it.
awww hun i really feel for you,whats wrong with them my oh is the same.
i would just ring an on-call doctor out next time.does he ever pass out with it at all?
see i would say call and amublance if he passes out but if comes round by the time they get to him and he says he doesnt want to go with them there is nothing they can do,they cant force him.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 11:44 AM
He doesn't pass out no, he's collapsed a couple of times but not lost consciousness.
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 11:53 AM
its really frustrating isnt it,see what your doctor says they may be able to offer you some good advise.
i really hope you get this sorted hun
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »