Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks all, he's fine now, absolutely fine - probably that wormer lol!
Lol, glad you still have your sense of humour H
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lol, glad you still have your sense of humour H
Not much else worth keeping Jen, at least that'll stay with me up to the end!!!

At least we've got a happy ending here. Seeing him the way he was this morning, so very vulnerable, (and so old lol!!!) made me realise why they're called that "other half" coz they really are aren't they, I just couldn't imagine if it had been a stroke and he ended up in the ICU You always think it can't happen to you don't you, but look what happened to our Trouble and she's still none the wiser either!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 08:58 PM
So pleased the old feller is ok, Aitch....... Poor old sod.....

x0x0x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't understand why the hospital keep sending him home after just a few hours.....

My hubby started with headache's, he went down to our local A&E and the doctor there told him he was suffering with blaster headache's! It turned out there is no such thing as blaster headache's so he was lied to, because the lazy doctor couldn't be bothered to order a scan, and didn't know what was wrong with him.....

A few days later he was still suffering with these headache's so I booked him in to see our GP, the GP wasn't happy and sent him back to hospital to have a scan, lumbar puncture, etc....They thought he had a bleed on the brain. All tests came back clear.

After five days in hospital a brain surgeon came to see him and examined his scan results, it turned out he had a chiari malformation. Twelve months later it didn't fix itself so my hubby had brain surgery.....He's OK now He could've dropped down dead at any time.

But I'm worried that they keep sending poor Dave home Really do hope it's nothing serious......

Thinking of you both xx
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Poor you and Dave must have been so worrying, but i'm glad he's feeling better now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2012, 06:52 AM
What a releif to hear Dave is much better now.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 07:35 AM
So glad he's come out of this episode ok Helena. Lots of TLC needed and, if he's like most men, he'll definitely 'milk it' .

I agree with you, 'other half' is a very apt term because after being together a long time, much as they drive us crackers at times, the are well and truly a part of our being.

Health is so important and, by the looks of the stress that Dave has been under, it sounds like time for a change of direction. Doing jobs we hate is bad enough, but doing jobs that make you ill is just way, way, way too risky.

Hugs for Dave (and take a few yourself because I guess you're still shaking) and whatever you both decide on the business front, I hope things start looking up for you both very soon x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I don't understand why the hospital keep sending him home after just a few hours.....

My hubby started with headache's, he went down to our local A&E and the doctor there told him he was suffering with blaster headache's! It turned out there is no such thing as blaster headache's so he was lied to, because the lazy doctor couldn't be bothered to order a scan, and didn't know what was wrong with him.....

A few days later he was still suffering with these headache's so I booked him in to see our GP, the GP wasn't happy and sent him back to hospital to have a scan, lumbar puncture, etc....They thought he had a bleed on the brain. All tests came back clear.

After five days in hospital a brain surgeon came to see him and examined his scan results, it turned out he had a chiari malformation. Twelve months later it didn't fix itself so my hubby had brain surgery.....He's OK now He could've dropped down dead at any time.

But I'm worried that they keep sending poor Dave home Really do hope it's nothing serious......

Thinking of you both xx
Blimey Lou, I guess you could say your husband was in the right place then at the right time I wonder if an actual brain surgeon looked at Dave's head scan last time around, or maybe it just got a quick run through by a normal doctor just because of the suspected bleed he had too when he was last in there I was so pleased to read he's ok now!

The trouble I have with Dave is, stubborness, no confidence in doctors, and he's adamant that he won't go to the clinic for this private MRI which the physio wants done, because he says "he's already had one". Maybe yesterday scared him enough to change his mind I hope!

Thanks Vicki, yes, I've lost my toy boy now, he's grown old all of a sudden (might have to consider a trade in lol!). Thanks Em and Lynn.

He says he feels quite normal this morning, no headache, but I'm now worried about whether to let him walk Zena on her own, afterall, if his hands screwed up like that and paralysed he couldn't even use the mobile could he if he got into trouble.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Flipping heck Helen!! How scary!!! Hoping that whatever it is/was that Dave recovers quickly. Poor bloke, I know you have said that he is stressed to the eyeballs. Sending you both lots of love xxxxxxxxx
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
The trouble I have with Dave is, stubborness, no confidence in doctors, and he's adamant that he won't go to the clinic for this private MRI which the physio wants done, because he says "he's already had one". Maybe yesterday scared him enough to change his mind I hope!

H, as I said before, this sounds like there is more to it than a panic attack, particularly the dropped side of his mouth that you mentioned in your first post. I don't want to scare you with what I’m going to say next, I want to save you from some heartache.

My previous other half, Stuart, starting having episodes of heart palpitations. For some months, he refused to go to the doctor, only giving in when I told him I was going to drag him there. He had blood tests and an ECG - all came back clear and the doctor told him he just needed to lose some weight. I wasn't happy. I asked him to go back to the doctors and request futher tests, and he wouldn't go. He wanted to believe that there was nothing wrong.

Three months later, he collapsed and died here at home. I was unable to resuscitate him, and the paramedics couldn't either. I will never forget how I felt when one of the paramedics told me he was dead. I will miss him forever, even though I am now in another relationship, and I'm in tears writing this.

The cause of Stuart's death was a heart condition called Dilated Cardiomyopathy, which could have been treated if it had been detected. If only he'd listened to me, gone back to the doctors and asked for more tests...

Please get Dave to seek a second opinion. Show him this post if you need to. He has nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain.
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >