View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 08:00 PM
The not knowing must be driving you and everyone else nuts...... hope it gets sorted soon, Shirley. In the meantime, PLEASE don't overdo it!

x0x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Sorry to hear they're no further forward with a diagnosis for you, but as Deb has said, sleep is the best thing you can do, it's quite amazing how the body heals itself through sleep, so sleep away, and don't feel guilty!!! You need to get yourself right, the world can wait and so can the doglets.

I've often been stuck in hospital, whiling away the hours nobody really does anything for you, you just seem to do it all by yourself when you sleep lots! You take care, and I really hope you won't need an op either. Must be so awful for you to still be like this and not knowing.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Bit of an update but still none the wiser
I went back to see the consultant on 12th December to get the results of the multitude of blood tests and the lab results on all the sampless they'd taken. Everything came back clear, the bloods revealed nothing although one of the tests gave a very odd result where it was expected to be high and came back extremely low, but that in itself apparently doesn't indicate anything specific
The biopsy's all came back clear, no cancer cells, no pre cancer cells and no abnormal cells. Good news right? Apparently not necessarily, after much discussion and questions from me the consultant says she still wants to go ahead with the hysterectomy, which tbh I'd assumed she would anyway, how else can she quarantee it won't happen again when she can't find a cause. She also said her gut feeling is I do have cancer, just because she can't find it, doesn't mean it isn't hiding in there somewhere. So I was sent for an MRI on 30th December in the hope it may reveal something more and I'm back to see the consultant on 16th January to see where we go from here. It's a good job I'm not a worrier is all I can say. It is what it is and worrying never made anything better in my view. I'll deal with it when I know what the hell it is I'm dealing with. Apart from that I'm feeling much more like my normal self, concentrating on regaining my fitness by doing hill walking on my treadmill everyday. I think I'll even be fit enough to resume walking the dogs next week, with the OH in tow just in case. It's taken me 9 weeks to get to this stage due to developiing pains in my legs everytime I tried to move, walking to the back door to let the dogs out was as much as I could manage and trying to pick up the dog poo from the patio when your legs keep cramping up is a bit of a trial. That held back my recovery by weeks but has thankfully disappeared, hopefully for good.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Shirley, you have a very calm approach, which is a good thing. I'm sorry to hear that you've not had a diagnosis yet and about your consultant's concerns. It's good that you are regaining your fitness and feeling better about yourself. I really hope that you get some good news on 16th, I guess it's not that much longer to wait, given that you've had this hanging over your head all Christmas and New Year. Everything crossed here for you.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 03:49 PM
OMG! You poor thing, how frightening. I can't believe I've only just spotted this thread.

Sorry to hear they haven't been able to find a cause and your looking at surgery, what a daunting prospect. You are very brave I think I would be a wreck in your position. I really hope it does not turn out to be the big C and you make a full recovery. In the meantime make sure you take things easy and get plenty of rest.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I know exactly where you are coming from I was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer early Aug By the end of Aug I had a hysterectomy also including removal of my ovaries and cervix I was very lucky and it was contained and all removed with the op Have to admit the thought of an op was very frightening but it was fine and was walking 1mile 4weeks post op

Good Luck If I can give you any more info pm me x
Jeanette x
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Must be very frustrating not to have a definitive answer but hopefully the op will sort you out once & for all. Will be rooting for you!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2012, 04:45 PM
The only thing that's bugging me tbh is that this time last year I was told I didn't have cancer blah blah as the hysteroscopy had shown exactly what this last one has shown, no cancer cells, no abnormal cells etc etc. I've now had 2 clear cervical smear tests in 10 months and 3 clear hysteroscopy's in the same 10 months and I've been backwards and forwards to my gp for 5 years with the same symptom, the only one I have which is dysfunctional bleeding which which just kept getting progressively worse until I was unable to leave the house for weeks on end. They eventually controlled it with a mirena coil, worked brilliantly with no side effects till my body rejected it. They fitted a replacement and that was rejected within the week. I have since been taking northisterone which controls the bleeding perfectly with no issues so they decided since it responded so well to the hormone tablets the problem was hormonal and now suddenly it's not, great except if it's cancer causing the bleeding it's been causing it for 5 years now under the guise of the menopause. So I may be calm about it, because I can't change what's happened but I'm extremely pee'd of with my gp which he's known for years tbh cos we had words about his attitude ages ago (no matter what symptoms I have everything is always down to my age/menopause etc.) and I swapped to one of the junior doctors who's been a complete star.
I know the operation is now inevitable and will probably be done within the month and we'll probably only know for sure if it's cancer or not once they've done the hysterectomy and then tested the uterus etc in the lab.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:28 PM
All I had was the bleeding no pain or discomfort, but it did come up as stage 2 on my biopsy, and the MRI confirmed it was contained in the endometrium, but mine was a type that couldnt be screened for and to make matters worse I had probably had it for about 4years which is very scary. All my bloods came back normal no-one could understand why.But thats all behind me now, and yes it has all gone and I'm off for my second 3 month check in two weeks.
Good Luck
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Well good luck with it all, and I know you're dealing with it in your own terms, you're very brave, it's the right attitude to have, it'll help you through it all I hope. The most frustrating part for YOU must be the sheer frustration of stopping you dead in your tracks like this, when you were always so active, walking for miles each day, that must have really hit home hard I remember this time last year, when I was finding it difficult to walk, my legs went all weird, stiff and achey, felt like dead weights after 5 mins, but I kept going and managed to sort my problems out with the bone cruncher, yours isn't quite as simple by the sounds of it, is it Let's just hope they've hit on the right diagnoses and this isn't going to be an even longer process of them trying to find out a cure, let alone a proper diagnosis.

You'll get there in the end, I hope the journey isn't too long for you, to be able to get back on track again and enjoy being out and about with the doglets. I hope they sort you out quickly, if only for the sake of the family who must be worried sick about you even if you're showing them you're not! Good luck Trouble.xxx
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >