Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Oh Shirley what a scary episode it must have been for you, thank goodness the cavalry got to you in time .

I hope your doctor can find the cause of the problem and that you are completely better soon.
Thank you Mini x

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Can I just state the obvious? Keep your mobile ON YOU at ALL TIMES - even in your bathrobe pocket or down your knickers - anywhere.

A dear friend of mine suffered a brain stem stroke last year. If he had not had his mobile in his towelling robe pocket at the time, he would not have been able to call the next door neighbours on the fast dial one touch thingie. They were there within minutes and got him to the hospital where his life was saved. He is FINE now. But he could have died if he'd just stayed there on the floor.

A dear friend of mine died today. Her hubby came home from work (12 hour shift) to find her dead on the floor. Who knows if she had had her mobile on her person - whether she could have just managed to hit that one button - even if she couldn't crawl to the door?

Sorry to be so morbid and I am very GLAD you are on the mend. What have they said might have caused it?
No really it helps to talk and be morbid tbh the OH can't cope with morbid, he knows what a close shave it was but can't verbalise it. The thing is if I was dressed I would have had my phone on me, cos I always do but it was still early and I wasnt dressed, had taken my dressing gown off because I was hot so basically just had a cotton t shirt nightie thing on with no pockets, perhaps I need to stick a pocket on them all just in case.
As yet they haven't given a cause just put it down on the discharge form as dyfunctional uterine bleeding to be investigated.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Just start wearing knickers AT ALL TIMES and stuff the phone up the leg of your knickers! I am so glad you are talking about it if your OH is being typically 'bloke'. You know it is only because he is probably scared witless by it and doesn't even want to IMAGINE the worst scenario?

Keep us updated. And keep that mobile on you!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 07:00 PM
OMG Trouble I am so glad you are still here. You poor thing what a scary thing to happen. Lots of healing vibes from me and a huge relieved hug xxxxx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

13-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Just start wearing knickers AT ALL TIMES and stuff the phone up the leg of your knickers! I am so glad you are talking about it if your OH is being typically 'bloke'. You know it is only because he is probably scared witless by it and doesn't even want to IMAGINE the worst scenario?

Keep us updated. And keep that mobile on you!
Lol I have a blackberry my knickers aint big enough.
Thank you for making me laugh
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I`m so sorry to hear about this. Please take it easy and I hope the cause is found soon and is easily treatable.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 07:24 PM
EEk, such a frightening time for you all! So pleased your OH was there for you. I hope the docs get to the bottom of it...think you should spend this relaxing/recouperating time scouring for a phone holder on a bit of string to go round your neck...you know the same type of thing your mother always used to make you wear so you didnt lose the frront door key

Huge hugs, get well soon xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

13-11-2011, 07:29 PM
If you are able to call for help, the last thing you need to worry about is how to let them in - because they will find a way to get in. Believe me they will.

Last year I had a terrible fall just outside my front door and smashed my face and skull on the wall and the concrete ground. My scooter guy had been checking my big scooter and was just putting it away - apparently I was on my crutches and had just crashed down. I do not remember a thing about it but apparently I asked Doron to lift me indoors and said I was fine.

Doron called the emergency services but the paramedics could not get in as I had somehow locked the door behind me, and they could not get any response from me either, so the police were called to get entry. As they could not kick the door in [it opens outwards] they had to get in through the salon window.

Someone had to get a hand through the shutter louvres to un-fasten the top and bottom of the shutters to open them, then get the screen open - before someone was able to climb in and open the door for the others.

But they got in and found me unconscious, and carted me off to hospital with facial and skull fractures and very severe concussion.

However, if Doron had not been around or something like that had happened indoors without anyone knowing?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Lol I have a blackberry my knickers aint big enough.
Thank you for making me laugh
This made me laugh, I could get the phone and the kiosk in mine

Anyway, glad you are on the mend, you don't do things by half do you?
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Oh my god how scary. Hope you stay on the road to recovery xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Im so glad your ok'ish hun, what a shock, please take care xxxxx
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »