Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
Yes I'm fine thanks...........the doctors think I've torn the muscle in the back of my neck.......probably through picking my dog up so often over the past few weeks, the muscle is large and enflamed, looks like a grapefruit sticking out the base of my skull at the back, very very painful, causing major headaches too, so I've now a cocktail of painkillers and I feel great..........

If no improvement in a few more days, then I have to go back into hospital for further tests, but the doctors seemed pretty confident it was muscle and nothing sinister!
CC you have my sympathy..I had a similar problem a couple ot years ago caused by painting a large ceiling we think. The pain was terrible and I could not sleep or eat for feeling sick. I got some relief from standing under a very hot shower and letting it run on my neck. The condition cleared up on its own after a while, it was a nightmare at the time though.
Hope you are better soon
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the offer Ash, but I think the long flight there might make matters worse

I'm going to speak to my doctor today to see if he can suggest anything else.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2004, 09:14 AM
He he he, Cassy and Kip are typical Bulldogs and so affectionate, racing around the house when we get home if we have been out for even 10 minutes, its like we have been away forever . Thing is they are so strong I often end up bruised when they brush (charge) past my legs or a sore eye when Cassy gives a "Stafford Kiss" lol.

Kip is funny as she always has to grab a bone or anything she can get her jaws on when we get home and then runs up to us and gives us a "howl" never a bark - its very comical. Cassy soooo affectionate we dont need to have been away for her to want some love.....sometimes when out walking she stops dead and will turn round for a pat or a cuddle. Here she is the other night out on our walk when she decided she wanted a cuddle from "dad".

Laura
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2004, 09:16 PM
there is nothing on this planet better than a kidney bean dance from a boxer thats been missing you like mad while you are out but lately we have been coming home to all sorts of supprises like every pair of shoes in the house in the living room with all the laces removed !!
Hayley
Dogsey Senior

30-07-2004, 08:01 AM
Glazby kidney-beans (we call it his wiggle-bums!!) when we come in and always rushes to find a present to give us too - be it a soft toy, a cushion, a shoe - anything!!

He'll then follow you around and will "woo woo wooo" at you - its so cute!!

No matter what a bad day you've had it always makes you feel better!!! :smt007
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Since Jas has become a PAT dog it's really surprising what a difference it can mean for people. I used to take Jasper a little for granted, u know all those waggs and kisses but now that I have seen the difference that he makes to children I can see more and more the benefits of owning a pet can really be.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3