Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 03:14 PM

dog gone for training

Hi all, feeling really fed up, Guide dogs have just been to take Ember for the next part of his training. I HATE this bit. Been in tears since he left. I know he'll be fine and so will I, I just miss the big soft thing and believe me there was lots of him to miss! Got PMT which isn't helping!!!!! Thought it would be easier as we already have the new pup, but it isn't because he was soooooo fantastic with him, big gentle giant. Sorry, for going on, I just hate the day they go sooo much. He'll love the training, he's soo full of life and intelligent,I just , well, you know!!!!!!!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Ah so sorry you are missing him, but just think how he will change someones life one day soon. It mus tbe very hard on you though.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 03:32 PM
It must be so hard to give up a dog you have looked after for so long Even knowing he is going to be a great part of someone's life, it still must be really sad

Give your new pup lots of cuddles I hope you feel less sad soon xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Sending hugs,it must be so hard to say goodbye but won't it be fantastic when this one graduates to.

Best wishes
Sal
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Awww...bless, but just think of how proud you'll be when he goes to his new owner
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2006, 04:45 PM
YOU MAY GET TO SEE HIM AGAIN AND YOU,LL SAY I DID THAT WITH MY BOY....well done to you...and you have achived lots...with that little baby.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Awww that must be sad to let him go but you are doing a really good job.(((hugs))))
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Still crying on and off, I know he wasn't happy in kennels before and apparently he wasn't best pleased when he got there today, but got distracted easily by the smell of the bitch in the next kennel! He also remet his sister!Awwww!!!! We will see him again, hopefully just before he meets his new owner! I just miss the big lump! Took the pup to his pen to spend an hour ago and burst into tears because it's been Ember's pen for the last year...can you believe i cried 'cos my big lad wasn't in there doing a poo?????!!!! Think I need to get a grip now!!! Thanks everyone for your kind comments.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Ailsa,

I think you're amazing. I really don't know if I could do what you're doing, I have true admiration for you.

I really hope those blind people appreciate the puppy parents not just the dogs when they're placed!

Well done for doing such a fantastic job, and you just go ahead and cry! It's your right! You've done brilliantly and you deserve to have a blub!

Well done Ailsa! I bet that new pup saw Ember and thought 'oh yes! He's been taken good care of, I've got a good home here!'

I can't say I understand because I don't as I've never been in your situation but well done anyway and I can't tell you how much you're admired!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Awwwwww!!!! Lottie you set me off again!!! What a lovely thing to say!
I have to admit giving up Ember has been incredibly hard, it's made me question doing this at all! I do feel a bit better today, but I miss the big guy.
The blind people with dogs that I know are fantastically grateful to puppy walkers, in fairness to them. Our last pup qualified (from the Sheffield centre actually! ) not long ago and his LOVELY new owner, phoned me on the same day (was on the phone for 1hr +) and has already ( within a fortnight,) written and sent a photo of her and the dog! I know he's really happy there and she said he's totally transformed her life and made her feel independant and safe again.
I do know the dogs are priceless and I know if we weren't puppy walkers we would never have got to know the incredibly special dogs that we have, it's an honour to have been around them. Sometimes though I just want to be selfish and move so GDBA can't find us and have them back! Thanks for all the kind words, on days like today and yesterday, I just want Ember to be a normal dog and us to be normal owners! Ah well....!!!!