Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Love it, love it, love it, it's my laugh of the year

Merlins Mum I do follow your train of thought .... a bit like when Virginia Wade won Wimbledon in '72, The Queens Silver Wedding year
I think that was the Silver Jubilee year, 1977 - we were camping at the time of the Jubilee and it rained...

...almost spoiled the party we had for the children!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Find it completely dull tbh - haven't watched it in years and won't be watching this year either.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I think that was the Silver Jubilee year, 1977 - we were camping at the time of the Jubilee and it rained...

...almost spoiled the party we had for the children!
You are right of course, sorry.

This Labyrinthitis is affecting more than my balance today
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 02:15 PM
I usually just watch the results, but this year is easy because our entry is on first so will watch Hump and then the results - missing out all the other boring bits
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-05-2012, 02:21 PM
One of my favorite jokes in Open All Hours was about Engelbert Humperdinck. Arkwright pretends to be ill to get Nurse Gladys around to the shop, so he lays in bed, and asks Grandville to put the record on.

Grandville takes out the record and says, "A 78, what happened to that LP you were promising to buy?"

Arkwright replies, "I tried to. I went out to get the latest Engel-Engel-Engelbert Humper-Humper-Dumper-Dumper-Dinck. But by the time I said it, they'd sold out."
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
One of my favorite jokes in Open All Hours was about Engelbert Humperdinck. Arkwright pretends to be ill to get Nurse Gladys around to the shop, so he lays in bed, and asks Grandville to put the record on.

Grandville takes out the record and says, "A 78, what happened to that LP you were promising to buy?"

Arkwright replies, "I tried to. I went out to get the latest Engel-Engel-Engelbert Humper-Humper-Dumper-Dumper-Dinck. But by the time I said it, they'd sold out."
How sad...LOL LOL....
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2012, 05:42 PM

You'll love this then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGmMO0zbJo
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I watched our guy (Engelbert) and the two following, had to leave the room because I felt a bad headache comming on, might go back and see the voting 'tho I have a feeling UK won't do to well but wanted to support old EH, lots of people his age couldn't do what he did.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-05-2012, 10:27 PM
O dear .....lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-05-2012, 06:34 AM
O dear .....lol
Not good is it Murf, frankly it's all a bit of a joke now, UK would do well to just not enter next year, save a bit of dosh, (God knows we need to) and let the heathens get on with it
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >