Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 11:01 PM

Eurovision

Hate it. Loathe it.

But my ears pricked up when I heard Engelbert.... Very unusual and quite catchy and haunting.

Cynical thinking... If we win, it will be song of honour at Jubilee (and just in time too) not to mention the Olympic highlight.

So....... Anyone else follow my line of thought? Do you like it?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Engleeeberttt humpherhumpdinkydink.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Engleeeberttt humpherhumpdinkydink.
Oh yes.. of course! I am of the vintage when he was around first time, and I do remember my sister and myself proudly shouting his name in glee... probably the longest words we'd ever learnt at the time...

We were probably the equivalent of modern kids [and teenagers] who sit in shopping trolleys and shout BOGEYS! and much worse.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2012, 05:10 AM
I only have to hear the word 'Eurovision' and I switch off. How did we get a pensioner to represent the UK? Is he that desperate. As usual it will be total humiliation to all concerned. And dont get me started about those two little boys from Ireland, only found out they were involved after listening to Ken Bruce on R2 yesterday..
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 07:03 AM
I love Eurovision and watch it every year We probably won't win, and we know some countries are going to vote for their neighbours, but that's what Eurovision is about
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Lulusmum View Post
I only have to hear the word 'Eurovision' and I switch off. How did we get a pensioner to represent the UK? Is he that desperate. As usual it will be total humiliation to all concerned. And dont get me started about those two little boys from Ireland, only found out they were involved after listening to Ken Bruce on R2 yesterday..
Goodness, what a negative attitude! I'm fairly ambivalent about Eurovision but I do think this is the best chance we have had for a while, especially as Englebert is 'big' in Eastern Europe. I think he has more chance than Jason Donovan who was first choice apparently. We just have to beat Jedward this year - can't have them beating us two years running! Hopefully the novelty of overactive twins will have worn off but they do have quite a catchy song though....................
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Goodness, what a negative attitude! I'm fairly ambivalent about Eurovision but I do think this is the best chance we have had for a while, especially as Englebert is 'big' in Eastern Europe. I think he has more chance than Jason Donovan who was first choice apparently. We just have to beat Jedward this year - can't have them beating us two years running! Hopefully the novelty of overactive twins will have worn off but they do have quite a catchy song though....................
LOL yes your right it is negative. Eurovision is so political. I personally only know of one friend who watches it religiously, and what she doesn't know you could write on the back of a postage stamp..lucky for her she has a set of friends who think the same or else she would be Billy No Mates whilst she sits glued to the t.v.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 08:16 AM
I caught it while channel surfing and stared in disbelief. Is it for real? There was a swedish couple caught in the snow, some old dears in folk costume who couldn`t sing and a lot of people in jedward hair masks.
I don`t know what they`re on, but I want some!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Just please don't tell me casualty has been cancelled for it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Love it, love it, love it, it's my laugh of the year

Merlins Mum I do follow your train of thought .... a bit like when Virginia Wade won Wimbledon in '72, The Queens Silver Wedding year
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >