Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2007, 12:21 PM

The plot thickens/Update @ post 5 the mystery is solved

As some of you may of read from the lost and found section I have at the moment a Great Dane living with me,called Nina.A friend who lives round the corner picked her up from a Friend who had seen her wandering about lost as I had but I kept missing her.
We know she comes from the Greater manchester area,she is chipped and we have the address no phone no:the Police up there are trying to locate the owner see if they still want her.She is very thin has cracked paws and cuts we are baffled as to know how she has come to be in Essex,was she stolen,dumped? she may have to go to the dane rescue but we are waiting to hear to see if the owner still wants her before giving her to the rescue incase she was stolen.
If anyone has any other ideas we could try we would be most grateful for your ideas. We know the chip is registered to an address in wigan.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 01:10 PM
I guess you can't really do much untill the police contact the owners. Keep calling them to see if they have got in contact, might push them to try harder to get in contact.
Good Luck. :smt001
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2007, 01:24 PM
They say they have got some Officers free after 2pm today and will send someone round have also contacted Doglost and they are going to google search the address and see if the owner still lives there,apparently if they have moved they can sometimes find where they have gone to from the Estate Agents.Thanks for the reply Evie.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Poor dog. I would be tempted to keep her. I'm sure you are too Lynn. Good luck tracing her owners hon xox
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks to doglost and dane line we now know Nina was rehomed last year by Dane line,to a man in Harlow Natalie is on her way round there now to have a chat as we are bit miffed as to why there is no report of her missing and why she is so thin and her pads are in such a bad way.
the lady who had to have her rehomed understands she is now the property of this man or dane line but has said if there are any problems she will have her back she had to rehome as she had to go back to work full time and the dog would of been distressed left on her own all day,think her circumstances might of changed.she said she is very upset the chip details had not been changed to dane line and is obviously very upset at having had to rehome her as she says the same as we have she is such a sweet girl.
will let you know what happens.
We will make sure she has the best possible outcome and will not put her anywhere she will not be looked after.I would of loved to of kept her Vicki but financially we cannot afford two big dogs and haven't the space.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 02:31 PM
have you tried great dane forums? you might get a lead (no pun intended) from there.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Tragic. Someone might be fretting for this dog, on the other hand they might have dumped it coz they couldn't afford to care for it any longer, so they travelled a long distance to do such an awful thing maybe???

If you know the area she came from, what about trying all the local vets in that area, as they would know immediately if they had a great dane on their books wouldn't they coz it's quite a rare breed, and also they keep the chip numbers of all their dogs on their cards?? That's the way I'd go anyway. The police are too busy and probably won't want to get involved.

That's also a good idea about the forums, but then is that a dangerous idea in case somebody wants one, but isn't the real owner??? I would also try that one Lynn.

Don't be too concerned about her weight coz my vet who used to breed these dogs told me you can never keep any weight on them, so that might be the reason for that. The cut paws might be down to her having travelled for miles and miles, you just don't know do you. Good luck, I hope something good happens and soon. She's certainly in good hands at the moment!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-01-2007, 02:53 PM
oh lynn how ollie with her?
good job you like the big dogs........ if i know you your'll be tempted in keeping her if she hasn't got a home.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Aw Lynn poor old dog, it must be so confused.

I hope there is a happy outcome to this sad story.
Well done Lynn for your kindness in taking this poor lost dog into your home
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-01-2007, 03:16 PM
she'll be fine with you looking out for her.
poor girls been through so much.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >