View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 07:17 PM
BTW, thanks everyone for turning this into a funny/silly thing to help diffuse the terror that is Cesar Millan.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
For the longest I thought Tonks was a male dog! I recently realized that Remus is male but Tonks is female. Both are beauts of course. I've never heard the name Tonks for a dog and I thought it was a male dogs name.

Recently when I saw her standing and didn't see an... um... well... under her belly and then read and saw you referring to her as... well... "her" I was like oops!!

Everywhere I go, people ask about Nigredo (nih-gray-doh) and what his name is and where it came from etc. It's Latin for blackness... and my dad always calls him "Alfredo". HAHA!! I think I should have just named him Boss or Dirk or something... LOL!
How funny! She's often mistaken for a girl because she is big. She is named after a witch in the Harry Potter books...Nymphadora Tonks. Remus is named after a werewolf in the stories who was a teacher Proffessor Remus Lupin. Tonks the witch fell in love with him despite the age difference.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Haha I didn't even hear the bowl bit! Couldn't bring myself to listen to it!
Remus (bull lurcher pup) growls if you try to move him off the sofa, is startled awake or the children lean on him too hard......Tonks (4 stone Staffie) likes to cuddle us often with both paws wrapped around my neck or lying right on top of me! Neither are expressing their dominance. I wish Remus felt more comfortable with us but at the moment he feels the needs to express his physical or emotional discomfort. Tonks just loves the warmth and cuddling!
Puppies are often snarky about people leaning on them because they are small. Nigredo personally doesn't seem to care and he just makes it a point to jump on your head if you lean over on him. If you sit on the floor, he goes berserk and just jumps all on you and everything.

Unfortunately he does have one pretty annoying problem. He loves hair... he's trustworthy enough not to be crated at night anymore so long as I don't leave crap out he can chew on.

BUT if he sees my hair, even if I'm sleeping.. he jumps up and grabs and it pulls on it tug of war style! OWWWW! It hurts... SO bad. The first time it happened I totally panicked, punching him in his face thinking my brother was playing a cruel joke on me or worse (intruder etc.)

I try and sleep with it covered but the thing often comes off and if he even sense that my hair is exposed.. he goes right for it. Something I'm trying to work through as I don't want to crate him at night if he can hold his pee all night, I'd rather him sleep with me... maybe I don't have a choice though.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
How funny! She's often mistaken for a girl because she is big. She is named after a witch in the Harry Potter books...Nymphadora Tonks. Remus is named after a werewolf in the stories who was a teacher Proffessor Remus Lupin. Tonks the witch fell in love with him despite the age difference.
Harry Potter... that explains why I'm such a noob regarding the name.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Puppies are often snarky about people leaning on them because they are small. Nigredo personally doesn't seem to care and he just makes it a point to jump on your head if you lean over on him. If you sit on the floor, he goes berserk and just jumps all on you and everything.

Unfortunately he does have one pretty annoying problem. He loves hair... he's trustworthy enough not to be crated at night anymore so long as I don't leave crap out he can chew on.

BUT if he sees my hair, even if I'm sleeping.. he jumps up and grabs and it pulls on it tug of war style! OWWWW! It hurts... SO bad. The first time it happened I totally panicked, punching him in his face thinking my brother was playing a cruel joke on me or worse (intruder etc.)

I try and sleep with it covered but the thing often comes off and if he even sense that my hair is exposed.. he goes right for it. Something I'm trying to work through as I don't want to crate him at night if he can hold his pee all night, I'd rather him sleep with me... maybe I don't have a choice though.
Cover your hair with a scarf with some bitter apple spray on it where your hair might show at the back...do that for a few weeks and just stand up and ignore him if he tries to do it any other time and he'll probably stop.

I like the idea that it is because Remus is small.....he's now 26 inches to the shoulder small!!

Because of his terrible start we are really lucky that is his only issue. His owner was banned for keeping dogs, I'm not sure why but he had abandoned Remus and his litter mate in the a disused caravan for 12 weeks only feeding them occasionally. He doesn't guard food but he does desperately want to stay warm and comfortable.
Jessiesdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Jeeeeez what an idiot!

Why do the dogs have to be submissive? I live with my 2 and whilst I expect them to do as I ask, I don't expect them to be submissive. We all just live happily together.

Firstly he is in the Media, so what would his show be if he just came along and told a dog to do something and it did? People like him thrive on controversy and hype. I heard that backstage for his shows he winds dogs up on purpose so that they play up. Kicks them etc.

If he can read a dog's body language then they sure as hell can read his, that's what they're good at, one way how they communicate. He was deliberately in a threatening posture to that Lab and had his fist already clenched because no matter what he was going to punch it to get a reaction. I watched the first bit about 5 times and the dog snarled a little when he approached the bowl and then he punched it and that was what made it aggressive.
I'm glad she bit him, shame it wasn't his throat.

If anyone and I mean anyone did something like that to one of my girls I would knock the f****r straight out and show him what proper aggression looks like.
He is a total knobhead.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi He was over here recently,on one of our most respected hosts,the crew saw him being cruel to the dogs,told Alan Titchmarsh,and Alan asked him why,he waffled on,the interview is on Youtube Gemini54
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Jessiesdad View Post
Jeeeeez what an idiot!

Why do the dogs have to be submissive? I live with my 2 and whilst I expect them to do as I ask, I don't expect them to be submissive. We all just live happily together.

Firstly he is in the Media, so what would his show be if he just came along and told a dog to do something and it did? People like him thrive on controversy and hype. I heard that backstage for his shows he winds dogs up on purpose so that they play up. Kicks them etc.

If he can read a dog's body language then they sure as hell can read his, that's what they're good at, one way how they communicate. He was deliberately in a threatening posture to that Lab and had his fist already clenched because no matter what he was going to punch it to get a reaction. I watched the first bit about 5 times and the dog snarled a little when he approached the bowl and then he punched it and that was what made it aggressive.
I'm glad she bit him, shame it wasn't his throat.

If anyone and I mean anyone did something like that to one of my girls I would knock the f****r straight out and show him what proper aggression looks like.
He is a total knobhead

Stop beating about the bush and come right out and say what you mean!
Jessiesdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Just watched the Alan Titchmarsh clip.
Fair play to him for pulling him up.
All Milan did was BS and try to justify his methods to try and squirm out of it.
Once more he's a knobhead.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4