Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-06-2012, 09:43 PM
I like easy dogs and challenges.

Polo has been a steep learning curve for me but I wouldn't change him for anything. It is very satisfying overcoming problems but its nice also to just go for a pleasant walk in busier places with the easy going dogs.

I walk a couple of dogs with issues and enjoy it immensely although could tear my hair out at times.

I also walk dogs that are a dream in every way and love them too.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Easy dog, pleeease. I would so love to walk out of my house and not be eying the horizon for other dogs, I'd love to really make the most of the fields around me by having a dog that can go off-lead with no problems, to be able to go to the park and enter it regardless of how many other dogs were in there, and to not have to assemble a detailed plan and family dogsitters every time we want to nip to the supermarket!

That would just be heaven for me
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post
I'm the same with my Tibetan Mastiff. He's easy for me. What I would find a challenge is a dog like a GSD or a border collie. I've spent that long with dogs like chows and shar-pei, I don't think I could cope with a dog that actually wants to do what you tell them to rather than in their own time.

Though saying that, Sophie the bearcoat's seperation anxiety is proving to be a challenge and a half.
Agree - I don't think I would like anything like a GSD, Malinois, BC etc. or anything which needed a lot of mental stimulation! I like my laid back 'whatever!' dogs.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
I dont think anything could be a challange after Millie lol
Id honestly be with any dog as long they got on which is why id like to rescue after I get a job.
Are you kidding?!

You are going to have a real shock if you ever do get a really challenging dog.

At the moment I like challenging dogs, my staff is easy peasy. But I am learning and gaining experience all the time so I can be a better trainer and teacher so a difficult dog is what I like at the moment!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Nowadays - give me easy.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 07:47 AM
'Easy' every time please!! One of mine is 'easy' and more challenging, but they make a great pair who keep me on my toes especially when out walking.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
That has to be a joke------I hope! If you think a sassy pup is a challenge you have a hell of a lot to learn!

rune
lol you should have known Millie when she was a pup the amount of times she went for me and meant it im not entirely sure how im my fingers and wrists survived that one. I had scars for months!

She was very challanging especially as I had never had a dog before and honestly didn't really know what I was doing. But we got their eventually and now I just feel like any dog would be a piece of cake compaired to Millie provided of course as I said they would be a good match and fit in with me.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 07:59 AM
At this stage of my life I consider myself to be built for comfort, not speed so - easy peasy lemon squeezy for me!

I was warned that min pins can be 'challenging'
hard to housetrain
barking nutcases
biters
escape artists - can't be let off leash
stubborn and only do what they want to do,

It's been a doddle!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 08:03 AM
A challenge every time from now on

Daphni was such an easy dog, asbo has his harder points, but has been a pleasure to train and unlock his potential. Now he's trained reasonably, (by that I mean we work on more specific thing e.g gundog work)

I can't wait for my next dog that going on the breed is more of a challenge (definitely!) I love how rewarding it is when you finally get something.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by pippam
I dont think anything could be a challange after Millie lol
Id honestly be with any dog as long they got on which is why id like to rescue after I get a job.
If you think a nippy puppy is a challenge god help you if you ever find yourself the owner of a real challenge.

For me, easy ever time, after 9 yrs of "challenge" I want an easy life.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »