Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2023, 07:22 AM

Soggy Saturday 28th October 2023

Morning All. Yep a soggy Saturday. Kazz quite agree go with the family. Chris yep dog's hear so much more than us unless deaf but then they do feel vibrations which can be annoying if you are trying to creep about. My old boy Bobby went deaf so I trained one of the others to go get him if we were out but indoors he could always sense me moving around. Pesky brainy dog. But I loved him. I loved them all for their quirknesses. Stayed up late last night and watched Love Actually. Well have a good day folks.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2023, 08:31 AM
Good morning Brenda and all to follow

I have washing to put on the line just waiting for the dullness and dampness to move on.
Not much planned for today have just spent a little time sending out reminder messages to my cousins for our meet up pre Chistmas

Have a great day all am reading a new book on kindle and it is much better than I expected.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2023, 09:08 AM
God morning Brenda and Kazz

You are luckier than us then Kazz if you are waiting to put washing out.

Enjoy your day Brenda whatever you do.

It was lashing it down this morning when I got up even Teazle was reluctant to go out for a quick wee first thing. I have taken the opportunity to clip her. She has a coat should it turn really cold so she should be ok. Nothing planned so will catch up on programmes and read.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-10-2023, 10:10 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz, Sue and all to follow.
Murky here. Been out to do the shopping and had to take Gorden's car mine wouldn't start dead as a dodo.
He will see if it will charge in a while.

Kazz continue to enjoy the book.
brenda indeed dogs hearing if not deaf is so much more sensitive than ours.
Sue glad Teazle decided to go out for a wee.
griff enjoy seeing the Dinosaur exhibition.
Chris hope you had another good night with Ted.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2023, 12:51 PM
Good afternoon all

Freezing fog here all morning and boy was it freezing. At least it didn't rain

Unfortunately, the visitors next door are still here. Anyone know of any ear plugs for dogs?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2023, 02:00 PM
A suggestion for Ted: Take him outside when dog is there and let them say hello and or listen to the bark. It might work. Or get a cd with barks on it. You might find some on wiffi? Play it quietly and then switch off and say quiet to it. Ted should hopefully do the same. It's a bit like teaching a dog to bark and then stop. Just watched Gremlins. Silly film. I am sure I watched it years ago but didn't remember all of it. It was made in 1984, 39 years ago. Now waiting for Harry Potter to come on. Just sorted out my mobile phone to find out how much credit I have on it. For some strange reason it has stopped telling me how much when I have made a text or phoned someone. Now this is a very ancient simple phone. Never mind. Still works for now. Have a good afternoon peeps. Harry Potter postponed till tomorrow. Mutter mutter mutter.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2023, 04:18 PM
Afternoon all
Had a lovely day at the gallery, saw the dinosaur....Christ it's big! The exhibition was really informative and sad too, saw lots of animals I didn't even know existed, like a tri horseshoe crab I think it was. I saw a photograph of some monkeys that ride deer and try to mate with the female deer...that did make me laugh. I had to tell some lads off afterwards outside, really p*ssed me off, smashing up crash barriers outside the gallery with the cathedral ruins in place that's supposed to be a peaceful place.....proper narked me so I told them what I thought of them and it wasn't eloquent I am afraid.
Chris, hope the dog goes home soon and peace will be restored
Lynn, hope the battery holds it's charge
Brenda, I looooooooove gremlins! That and Ghostbusters, batteries not included and the Goonies sum up my childhood movies.
Sue, hope Teazle forgives you for clipping her
Kazz, hope you get the washing dried, Steve put his out, then there was a shower and he didn't know lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2023, 09:52 PM
He met the dog earlier in the week Brenda and they were fine together.

We have a barker next door and one behind the back fence and he ignores them and just carries on with what he's doing at the time. This one though does have a strange bark. Very high pitched so I'm guessing that's what he's reacting to.

I think (touch wood) they left this afternoon - at least I hope so
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2023, 07:00 AM
Probably hurt his ears like it would ours.lol!!