Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2023, 06:43 AM

Tinkering Thursday 26th October 2023

Morning all. Hope you all had a good day yesterday and evening. Chris hope Ted was better last night? My tele is a law unto itself. Another channel started to play up last evening but when I fiddled with the aerial plug it was much better. Haven't tried it yet this mornng but googling, it says, that much of it is due to disparate weather. Hm love that word. Another good word: Futz
Anyway have a good day everyone. Wet here and windy. Now it is lovely and sunny.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2023, 07:34 AM
Good morning Brenda.

Now my second attempt to post

Hope you get the tv problem sorted Brenda but enjoy your day whatever you do.

Wet here this morning. Lunch in slow cooker, chicken stew. Have to take Barry into town for his optician's appointment and whilst he is busy will take Sarah, who spent the night here, to find an ice cream. Managed to get everything sorted at Ben's yesterday and down to the charity shop so one less job for him to do. He is still busy painting. Three bedrooms and his office finished and today he will paint the rest of the walls in his bedroom.

Take are everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2023, 09:00 AM
opticians cancelled for the second time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2023, 09:14 AM
Morning brenda, Sue, Barry and all to follow.
Wet and horrible here plus it's cold.
I have a cold courtesy of Freya (Monday). So that makes me feel even colder when feeling under the weather.
We have Sunday and Monday to do so I will do Sunday it will be a later start and Gorden will do Monday earlier start same finish time.

Gates are hung but Gorden does have to pop out to get a piece of wood to fix between one of the gates and the hand gate and the thing that flips over to shut them.

Hope everyone is well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2023, 09:23 AM
Aw Lynn get better soon. Barry you could go with Sue and Sarah and have an ice cream. Just changed my first post because of added extras. lol!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2023, 10:30 AM
Thank you brenda, not feeling ill as such I am a bit tired and have an uncomfortable throat.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2023, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Aw Lynn get better soon. Barry you could go with Sue and Sarah and have an ice cream. Just changed my first post because of added extras. lol!!

just back from the walk
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2023, 02:50 PM
Good afternoon all

Wet, cold and murky here so not a nice day at all. Went down to the caf in the car

Ted took a while to settle into the new bedroom, but NO barking. Looks like I have my own room now (well sharing with Ted of course)

I've spent all afternoon on the 'phone, querying the Power of Attorney in respect of adding son and daughter onto it, but alas it means doing a new one which there's no rush to do.

I also had to get a load of info together to email to the Social Worker for Gary and have now received the financial assessment which (I kid you not) is half an inch thick so I'm guessing that's going to take a couple of days to complete

Brenda, could it be as simple as fitting a new plug in bit to the aerial wire?

Lynn, hope the cold does one soon

My nephew has just tested positive for covid again so my youngest two are stepping up to keep checking on my sister. She's 80, but thinks she's 18 so regularly falls so they'll keep any eye on her until my nephew is clear
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2023, 04:21 PM
Don't know Chris. The strangest thing is if I start to look for something on BBC iPlayer then switch back to normal channels they are fine. I can live with it for now.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2023, 09:14 PM
Sue and myself are so poor that when walking by the river the ducks threw lumps of bread to us to eat