Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2023, 06:42 AM

Windy Wednesday 18th October 2023

Morning all. Yep apparently it is going to be very wet and windy down here in Lancing later today. Which means Margaret won't be over. The painter has finished the walls outside so at least I won't be worrying about him falling off the ladder. Today I have the dubious problem of phoning my husband to say that he really must make a will with a solicitor. Anyway have a good day and stay safe if the weather is bad up where all of you are. Barry 27th October was my mums birthday so maybe it will turn out ok. She would have been 101 this year. Best to get a professional lumberjack to fell the tree.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2023, 09:01 AM
Good morning Brenda. At least the paint will be dry before the rains hit. Good luck talking to your husband

Dull and overcast. Did manage to get Teazle out before it rained but it didn't amount to much so have been out and pruned the roses. The trees are now a sore subject. Why is ir that the council can do what they like to their own trees but we are restricted with ours. No-one will take just a meter off as it would be unsafe to do so. It will be interesting to hear what he says next week but I doubt we will get through to him. Think I will tell him to do it if it seems so easy to him with long pole, the lowest branch must be over twenty feet from the ground - idiot.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2023, 09:44 AM
Sue just make sure Barry doesn't try and do it. He must stay safe. Spoken to husband and worried now about him. So have tried to contact his doctor but he apparently is on leave and have been told to write a letter stating my concerns. Hm not sure now about it at all as husband will probably hit the roof. Maybe? Will have to think about it me thinks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2023, 10:28 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Not a bad day here weather wise although a touch on the chilly side again.

Covid jab done yesterday in and out at a pharmacy a few miles down the road, then onto Tesco to pick up some bits then a lovely few hours spent with Bev for a cuppa and a chat.
Today we gave Brewster a structured walk again but he came home sore so some arnica and now resting before a brush later.
He does recover fairly quickly and I guess it is better than the manic jumping indoors.

brenda glad the painting is finished. Fingers crossed the bad weather holds off and Margaret can make it.
Good luck whatever decision you make regarding Husband.
Sue and Barry yep councils are a law unto themselves. Look at all those trees destroyed in the middle of the night then they wonder why they get negative feedback and anger.

griff I hope you are feeling a bit better today.
Chris hoping all is quiet on the Western front. (Gary and the neighbour with the skip).
Kazz I hope you are having a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2023, 10:35 AM
Morning all
Sue and Barry, our council love chopping trees down, despite saying they never remove a healthy tree, they cut some down near me and I went mental at their tree surgeon, he had to put replacement trees in. From what he said, people had complained about the "rain dripping on them from the trees" so he hadn't the budget to keep coming and cutting back so he decided to remove!! I hope you get it sorted out.
Brenda, if you are genuinely concerned, write the letter, if he does his nut.... just tell him you want a clear conscience and then just ignore him....he really isn't your responsibility anymore so the fact you have made a step to voice your concerns can't be misconstrued as interfering.... just my opinion but if it were me, I probably wouldn't care less.
My mum told me that my dad has been discussing me with his family, she said she told him not to and that they are nothing to do with me and that the people I want to know about me.... know about me. He said something the other day and I told him straight, my life is my business, nobodys opinion of me bothers me and that basically I don't want them knowing anything about me, my life or my health.... it's his sister and she lost the chance to know anything about me when she decided to back him up after having an affair. I don't really tell him much anymore, I don't like being secretive....not in my nature but I am not their family or friend so they don't need to know anything about me. He doesn't know that I have been having genetic testing, he doesn't know what goes on with Steve and I, doesn't know what I get mixed up in....my mum, I tell her pretty much everything as she just leaves me make my own life choices be they right or wrong
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2023, 01:37 PM
Well it is wet here now. Apparently this is Storm Beatrice. I looked up to see if there had been a storm Brenda and yep lots of windy weather named after me. It just means Margaret won't be over. Never mind back to the book.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2023, 02:56 PM
It hasn't hit here yet, but we should get the deluge overnight. Tomorrow doesn't look too bad, but if the forecasts hold, Friday is going to be a doozy with rain