Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2023, 06:50 AM

Wow its Wednesday 11th October 2023

Kazz hate to say this but it is The Hunting of the Snark. And boy does it go on and on and on.
Hope you all had a good day yesterday and have one today. Hoping Margaret will make it over but again it all depends on the weather and her home life.
I love this that I found:
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
That's me when I go out wandering.
Have a great day peeps.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2023, 09:07 AM
I love the story of a stranger asking a lorry driver the quickest way to get somewhere. So the lorry driver asks if he is driving a car or walking? and says driving there by car is quickest.

Today is council decision if they allow our application to have the trees in our garden reduced in size or not. In the meantime getting quotes to give some idea of costs to have the proposed work done. Rother council must be the absolute slowest in England. we put in the application way back in the middle of August two months ago.

Now we are having the usual mast of acorns to clear up to be followed by the leaves which have started to fall as well. Its a constant nightmare having to clear the lawn every day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2023, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope Margaret makes over to you today Brenda

Dull and damp here this morning. Teazle walked and veg for lunch done. We were both meant to have our covid jabs today but it was cancelled yesterday afternoon. Have managed to rebook for Barry at a local chemist but only the one place. Still looking for mine but all they seem to offer is all in Hastings - I don't like Hastings for parking Will keep looking but as I have my flu one next week not in too much of a hurry as don't want them too close together.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2023, 10:09 AM
Morning brenda, Barry, Sue and all to follow.
It has been raining this morning, bit of an on off sunny wet day here.
Not much on today except pottering.

brenda I hope Margaret makes it over.
I hope you get your permission Sue and Barry. What a pain about the covid cancellation Sue.
griff hoping you're well.
Chris I think the vet will suggest removing the baby teeth for Ted. It's not as unusual as you think.
Always a worry though when they have to go through an operation.
Kazz I am not sure where the time has gone. She really is an independent little girl who knows what she wants and can sometimes make for an interesting day.
I am pretty sure they will not have another, affordability is the biggest consideration, Marks age and Lauren was 32 this year.
They also rely on us every Monday and maybe stepping in if she is unwell and cannot go to nursery and we pick up some Sundays and Lauren's mum and stepdad pick up the odd Sundays too.
Plus nursery is very expensive getting one through once a day is extortionate.
Joel is well as far as I know I have messaged him but in typical Joel fashion he doesn't always reply so I keep on but we know he is safe as we see him about on a social media site.

I managed to get my covid jab booked through the NHS site yesterday for next week so the young lady I spoke to who said she had complaints about how difficult it had been for some was listened too and the problem corrected.
That means I am able to get it done much closer to home.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2023, 01:20 PM
Just read on the interweb the council have no objections regarding our trees being reduced in size
Now just have to wait for comformation in writing and another quote tonight
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2023, 08:03 PM
Good evening all

Dull and drizzly this morning and threw it down with rain all afternoon. Now it's on and off rain so quite a miserable day

The vet has suggesting waiting until Ted is 9 months as the new canines aren't fully grown yet so there's still a chance the milk teeth will do it the natural way. He got quite growly at the vets which is a first. He usually loves going
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2023, 08:12 PM
Dogs sense things and smells that we can't detect. I'm sure next time he will be fine. Maybe if the vet was looking in the mouth it was tender causing him to grumble? Let's face it we would if sore. Margaret made it over. It's amazing what we chat about. But then 23 years is a long friendship. She's been at the school 24 years today cooking. Congrats Margaret.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2023, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately, no Brenda. He started grumbling just after a vet nurse finished petting him and growled at the vet while I was telling her about the teeth. Fortunately, he did a massive yawn which was enough to see the bottom teeth so the vet said to leave him be. If she hadn't, I'd have opened his mouth as he's used to me doing it