Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2017, 08:16 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday 29th January

Good morning all, had a nice lie in this morning. Hope I am not doubling with anyone.

Lynn, glad you got your doors ok and some more shelves so you should be all finished soon.

June, hope you had a peaceful night last night. Will be good to get your CCTV up then you can go to bed properly and rest.

Hope everyone else is ok.
Have a good day all must get Amber out for her walk.

Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Bright day here today if a little wet underfoot.

We are off to Shouldham in a while to walk Dillon.
Yes Moyra doors on today after our walk. Then the rest of the cupboards need emptying and the ones on the wall off and replaced with shelving but before that walls papered. paint the doors left on the cupboards a lighter colour then that's the kitchen finished.
Snagging in the way of boxing in pipes in both bathrooms. Stairs finishing not a lot to do on those and then new carpet on those and the landing then out with paint brush and roller to emulsion hall, landing and bedrooms and living room. Sounds daunting but shouldn't take to long if we put our minds to it.
Then tidy up the fences and garden and put a path in and voila we are done. A late spring early summer valuation seems doable.

griff I love Ikea we need one in West Norfolk or Cambridgeshire I would be a very happy girl.
Hope you are feeling well today and the dogs are behaving.
June hope it has been quiet on the western front overnight and today is a more pleasant day.
Hoping you and the Mem are back safe from welsh wales LG and that you had a nice time.
Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope your fence/wall issue is soon sorted and you once again get peace of mind Moyra.

Enjoy your walk with Dillon and then hopefully the kitchen jobs will be finished today so that decorating can commence Lynn

Hope a quiet night was had by your June - not many more days now till the cctv is fitted.

Hope all went well for you Gordon in wet Wales and you are now home safe and sound.

Hope everyone is keeping well

Dull, miserable and light rain. Have managed to get Teazlde out for a walk without getting wet. Nothing much planned today just cooking. Yesterday saw us finding the tiles Paul likes for his kitchen but not know how many could not buy so have sent a link to the builders to get them. Managed to find the nw towel rail he wanted and he has ordered his new kitchen appliances. This should now see the end of big spending. He is now sitting on the builders to get finished, they said another 2 weeks but looking around there would seem to be a lot of finishing off to do before painting can commence.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Good morning everyone,
Ive had a lie in this morning, not getting up till 8.30
Seems a nice bright morning here, depending how long it lasts
Going to get stuff done round the house this morning and take Rosie out after, normally Lauryn would take her while I'm hoovering or whatever but her ankle still not that good & she's at work later.
TW hope you had a easy night, hope the cctv arrives soon
Griff hope Kota is ok,
Lynn enjoy your walk today
LG hope you & the mem had a good break in Wales
Sue hopefully everything is sorted in 2 weeks then for your son, and the builders are telling the truth
Moyra hope you and Amber had a good walk
Right hopefully be back later need to get stuff done
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Good morning Lynn, Moyra and all who follow.2
Had a lovely time in Wales, thank you, very relaxing Lynn, hoping your decorating et al goes to plan and that you can hit your deadline for house sale.
We returned on Friday morning, in time for my post op check up at MRI, which went tolerably well and I am now allowed limited use of my left arm, provided no heavy things are picked up and it isn't knocked about for a few weeks. There is some pain still in the op site but it is to be expected and in truth it acts as a bit of a reminder not to use it! lol !
I've done a quick read through of the last week on the site and see that operation "numbnuts" is about to take a turn for the better with the installation of CCTV. Which should help no end. I too would encourage the use of Victim Support, it can only help build a case against this particularly odious clown.
I hope that choccy scoffing dogs are now back to full health and that everyone's four legged friends are happy and well.
Peace now reigns in my household as both young ladies are finished with their seasonal break and Fagin has stopped evincing any interest in reproduction. He has lost about 10 lbs in weight whilst "pining" as when they are at their most receptive he refuses to eat altogether. This doesn't do him any harm and he is now back to eating everything in sight and will soon be back up to his best weight which now in full maturity (he is 5 now) is around the 8stone mark.
As always - following any sort of break there is a lot to do for both of us and so I will wish you all a good day, please forgive me if I am a bit tardy in my postings for a while as I really am very busy currently. Bye fer now.
P.S. Hope Pepsi is now recovering well from the attack and no longer a cause of worry to Nippy and Brian.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-01-2017, 09:55 AM
Good morning Mandy and Sue - just cross posted with you - have a lovely day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2017, 11:10 AM
LG, good to see you back, you will have to take things carefully for a while.
Glad Fagin has got over his heart ache and is back to normal.

Sue, when buying tiles make sure that they are all of the same batch number or you will see a difference in the shade.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Well i have been and done it, that is order a dashcam for my car. Don't think Sue is too happy about it but most of the cost has come from money as xmas pressie or divided from a trust fund.
Why get one? easy
there are so many old doddery drivers around here it is a guessing game as to what they are going to do next, and if a child runs out between cars (say no more)
Also can act as a watch dog on speed, may encourage us to stay within speed limits
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2017, 01:15 PM
I think its a good idea T'weed, I'm installing CCTV not because of me but because of the actions of a numbnuts, and they are everywhere, driving cars, crossing the roads, wandering aimlessly.
Spoken to the guy next door but one who lives on the other side of Jeff, not managed to speak to him before today because he works shifts etc. and unless its serious (which it is now) I am reluctant to bother too many people. Anyhow, he says he very occasionally hears a squeal or yelp but nothing really, he says he hears Jeff's dog, don't we all, like me he is in a quandry about it because the situation isn't of Jeff's making.
So that is everyone 3 doors either side of me has told me they never hear my dogs, which makes me feel better. Another 2 nights on the sun lounger and counting.....
Off to training in a bit, had a butty and a mug of tea then will get organised. Need to call in at the garden centre for a couple of sacks of kindling before I go to training, and get Zen out for a gallop and tidy her up if that is at all possible.
Lynn, you are motoring now, car being sorted etc has given you a new lease of life and the finish line isn't far away.
Glad to hear you are doing well after the op LG and the outlaws didn't finish you off during your convalescence in sunny Wales.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Just walked Amber and it has turned to rain out there. Miserable. June, hope it has been ok for you and there has been no further problems there.

Hope Griff is ok don't recall seeing her today. Hope everyone else are all ok too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >