Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 10:27 AM

Rabbit set alight by yobs.

This is so sad, poor rabbit, I'd like to get hold of the people who did this too her.

A RABBIT was left with severe burns and in excruciating pain when yobs cruelly set fire to its hutch.

The black and white Rex breed rabbit, which are known for their velvety fur, was found by police after its hutch had been torched on Monday. The terrified animal escaped but suffered burns to its feet and eyes. It was rushed to Zasman Vets surgery in Priory Road, Hornsey, and treated by shocked staff.

Rachael Spink, 26, a veterinary nurse at the practice, said: "It looked terrible. It's a black and white rabbit and its coat was singed brown. It's got about six or seven bad burns on its feet and round its eyes. We gave it pain relief straight away and antibiotics. The police said apparently some kids had set its hutch on fire."

Police were called at 5pm to Creighton Road, near Queen Street, Tottenham, by a member of the public concerned for the rabbit's welfare.

The blazing hutch had been spotted and police found the rabbit after its escape. Vets believe it will survive, although it is receiving round the clock pain relief and burns treatment.

"She has really extensive burns to her feet now - they're really swollen and her skin's going to come off, so she's going to need a lot of care down the track," said Ms Spink. "She smells like burned popcorn, so we've called her Popcorn.

"The thing about rabbits is they're an animal that's preyed on, so they're don't necessarily show they're in pain. Being experienced as we are we know how much pain she must be in, but they really don't show it."

It is not known whether the rabbit had any owners and the RSPCA has been called in.

"She can walk, she's actually a really lucky bunny, she's probably going to be OK, but she'll need a lot of care on the burns for several weeks," said Ms Spink.

Free health checks for bunnies will be available during Rabbit Awareness Week, from Monday, April 26 to Sunday, May 2.
http://www.hornseyjournal.co.uk/cont...A17%3A01%3A047

Its such a shame, I hope that she recovers well, I can't believe that someone would do this to a animal
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 12:22 AM
that is so sad its scary the way some kids are turning out these days...
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-04-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm not sure what a 'Yob' is in this case - but if it's kids - how can they be bored enough to do this.

I wanted a bunny for years - Don't get me wrong a playstation would have been 1st on my list if there was such a thing but that's life.

I'm sure they will cause me years of problems but I like to think my kids are growing up as animal lovers.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2010, 07:15 AM
[QUOTE=Phil;1937245]I'm not sure what a 'Yob' is in this case - but if it's kids - how can they be bored enough to do this.
I wanted a bunny for years - Don't get me wrong a playstation would have been 1st on my list if there was such a thing but that's life.

I'm sure they will cause me years of problems but I like to think my kids are growing up as animal lovers.[/QUOTE]

But even at your most bored I can't imagine ever thinking that was acceptable and I know I would never have gone along with someone elses idea to do that either!

My 3 are also big animal lovers and I would be truly distraught if they thought anything like that was ok for kicks!