Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2010, 12:06 PM

Does anyone keep more than 2 rabbits???

I know lots of us on here have rabbits too. I was just wondering if anyone had more than 2?

I have just completed a shed conversion for Lizzie and Chaz, they were 2 rescues bonded last year. The shed is about 8ft by 4ft with a run attached approx 8ft x 4ft.

I was thinking about adding to them as there is now more than enough room.

Has anyone else ever added to a neutered bonded pair? Or is this a really bad idea only destined for disaster?

Thanks
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I have grown up with more then two rabbits together, we use to have loads, groups between 7 and 10, mostly females, with one male, but I don't remember how it was done, but watch out for a PM
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks Chaz, have joined up and posted my question. Cheers for the link. How uncanny you have the same name as my rabbit
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I used to have 8 at one time, 7 females and 1 male. All rescues that came at different times, I used to fence off the newbie for a while to see how they got on looking at each other through the wire, when introduced sometimes fur would fly but nothing serious, if it did then I would of separated for good, think we were lucky in those times.

Now only have 1 with the guineapig, and Im not planning to have more....well unless one comes along as Dandi did...a stray