View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 01:55 PM
no idea Dawn, one of them said 'Basically the kicking causes the chains to bump against their legs and it doesn't feel good so they stop' either way it doesn't exactly sound sensible but that seems to be the option she's going for...
eta i hope they don't tie them up to fences with it, i don't want to imagine the kind of injuries that could inflict, though if they're willing to use an e-collar nothing would surprise me
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
no idea Dawn, one of them said 'Basically the kicking causes the chains to bump against their legs and it doesn't feel good so they stop' either way it doesn't exactly sound sensible but that seems to be the option she's going for...
eta i hope they don't tie them up to fences with it, i don't want to imagine the kind of injuries that could inflict, though if they're willing to use an e-collar nothing would surprise me
i know some gypsies hobble horses when they graze them ..

But those things.. has anyone considered the consequences of making you horse "shy" from anything behind him
Because that is what they will do, how the hell do they then expect the farrier to shoe him, or simply pick up the feet for husbandry care
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I do know of 1 horse that was hobbled in it's stable, can't remember the reason now, it was about 23 years ago.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2