Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2021, 09:27 AM

Daily Thread Saturday 27.11.21

Good Morning from a snowy Birmingham. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hope all is good with you all, I have opticians this afternoon at 2pm they have cancelled twice previously due to covid and health issue of someone in the practice so hoping for rain and a clear of snow, could be as its gone a fair bit of sleet now.

Chris Had a quick read up on your affliction and Ouch I have something called Cluster Headaches equally uncommon. Have had a look and there is this link for a UK support group https://www.tna.org.uk/ not sure if you have already found it.

Lynn Hope you are feeling better today, if your weather is like ours you will be better off indoors today. How is your Brother getting on getting out and about the winter I suspect will slow him up with that.

Moyra Hope you are well.

Brenda Is is walking by the sea weather by you love the sea in the winter. You are a long term resident now in your block are you pleased you choose that one? or have you got itchy feet yet?

Sue Just thinking will your granddaughters be chuffed with snow, do you think? happy working day today.

Griff Brilliant weather to become the owner of a convertible LOL Hope you are feeling a bit better today as well are your parents back now or off again? has your brother sussed Christmas and are you staying or going?

Well there you go Opticians have cancelled as the optician could not get into work bit annoying as I swopped a shift at work to go today never mind rebooked for Thursday 10.40am which means swopping another shift but other than that January as there is a family history of dry macular I would like them done for peace of mind or a heads up.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2021, 11:12 AM
Morning all. Kazz yep a tad chilly and windy down by the sea today. Didn't stay out long, mind you the sun is shining now. I have been here a year and am still looking at what is around. Down here in this neck of the woods property is very expensive. I suppose if I moved away from this area things would be cheaper the further north from here. I watch Homes under the Hammer and wonder where do people get the money from to do up a property? Wish I could. Ah well off to read, yet again. Have a good day and everyone else.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2021, 11:22 AM
Morning Kazz, brenda and all to follow.
Feeling better today thank you Kazz, took Paracetamol yesterday and yes lots of water couldn't face tea or coffee and after sleeping most of yesterday and going from 9 pm to around 6.30 this morning seems to of done the trick.
Mind you I think exhaustion from Dillon not sleeping is wearing me out to I am getting so emotional about it all.
I could hear him not settling last night, he did go from 11 pm to 5 this morning before wanting to go out but Gorden had to let him in the cabin as it was raining. Lots of drinking but that has slowed again.
From 11 till 5 though he found it hard to get comfortable. Vets on Thursday for the blood test regards the kidneys and hoping the Gabapentin will help the Pardale as far as pain is concerned is not seeming to hit the spot now. He has 6 a day.
We both have sore arms and I looked thinking I would have a great big bruise but no just a little redness at the injection site.

Wow Kazz snow take care when out, sorry the appointment has been cancelled again hope it remains in place for Thursday.
Your chef challenge sounded delicious.
brenda the price of property everywhere has skyrocketed even in Norfolk and the fens and surrounding areas some in Lincolnshire well out of the way are becoming expensive to.

Take care everyone and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2021, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all. Kazz yep a tad chilly and windy down by the sea today. Didn't stay out long, mind you the sun is shining now. I have been here a year and am still looking at what is around. Down here in this neck of the woods property is very expensive. I suppose if I moved away from this area things would be cheaper the further north from here. I watch Homes under the Hammer and wonder where do people get the money from to do up a property? Wish I could. Ah well off to read, yet again. Have a good day and everyone else.

I wonder that and house buying programmes 20 somethings buying property of £300,000-£500,000 seems the norm
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2021, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Kazz, brenda and all to follow.
Feeling better today thank you Kazz, took Paracetamol yesterday and yes lots of water couldn't face tea or coffee and after sleeping most of yesterday and going from 9 pm to around 6.30 this morning seems to of done the trick.
Mind you I think exhaustion from Dillon not sleeping is wearing me out to I am getting so emotional about it all.
I could hear him not settling last night, he did go from 11 pm to 5 this morning before wanting to go out but Gorden had to let him in the cabin as it was raining. Lots of drinking but that has slowed again.
From 11 till 5 though he found it hard to get comfortable. Vets on Thursday for the blood test regards the kidneys and hoping the Gabapentin will help the Pardale as far as pain is concerned is not seeming to hit the spot now. He has 6 a day.
We both have sore arms and I looked thinking I would have a great big bruise but no just a little redness at the injection site.

Wow Kazz snow take care when out, sorry the appointment has been cancelled again hope it remains in place for Thursday.
Your chef challenge sounded delicious.
brenda the price of property everywhere has skyrocketed even in Norfolk and the fens and surrounding areas some in Lincolnshire well out of the way are becoming expensive to.

Take care everyone and stay safe.

Glad you are feeling better my third jab boy did my arm hurt but no mark.

Gabapentin is a good solution I think in 90% of cases my brother was told when Alfie went on it.

My chef challenge is a great surprise to me too no idea why I thought of it but I see the actions the recipe and the result on TV before trying. Am trying this week coming
Spatchcock Quail with Rocket Pesto;

lamb kidneys in a Madeira and mustard sauce on toast

sausage mash in onion gravy,

chickpea panissesa (never heard of this before but trey look like chips) with an aubergine dip

This is challenging my taste buds and widening my food horizons
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2021, 01:12 PM
Kazz, yes... it's an excellent time to buy a convertible..... nobody wants to buy so there are lots of bargains and you can get away with cheeky offers. Think I sent Brenda the pictures, it's absolutely beautiful! Hardtop convertible, 07 plate, 68k miles, new pads, new cat and 11 months MOT left on it, bodywork is immaculate. I would have happily paid the £1000 as it's worth far more than that all day long.
Lynn, I feel for you, Dex lost the plot a bit with his thyroid issue and the night calling and wandering was quite draining, likewise when Kota did her back and I was having to get up every morning early on to medicate her and look after her
Brenda, if we win the lottery, we will see you right...obvs a big win, not a tenner lol
Just made myself sweet potato chilli and tomato soup in my soup maker, it was actually quite nice
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2021, 04:27 PM
My fav colour and it looks immaculate. I can just imagine a lovely lady with her hair blowing in the wind.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2021, 04:36 PM
Glad you and Steve are pleased with the car griff.

Yes it is draining in so many ways at the moment with Dillon. Tears today we do not know if it's pain but we are guessing so. Could be joints, kidneys or both more than likely.
Then your in that mind set of thinking ahead to that dreadful decision, no way would we want him in pain, but during the day he seems a better.
Cheeky monkey came in the kitchen earlier for some raw chicken I was cutting up for a curry.
Gave him a bit and woofed it down, I have been struggling to get him to eat his food lately even with sardines and grated cheese on both usually do the trick, have cooked some some mince for his tea hoping that will go down well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2021, 05:13 PM
Lynn, it's so hard to know what to do. I didn't want to put Dex to sleep but he went off his food and he looked at me...,I knew, I made the appointment, Conor agreed...my dad stormed out because he disagreed but I had took care of Dex for all that time and it was my choice....the vet agreed, mum agreed just dad can't cope with losing animals or people, all you can do is try your best, tall to the vet and ask for their honest input....I did that and Conor said if Dex was his, he would be doing the same as me... it's a bloody difficult and awful decision
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2021, 06:25 PM
Thanks griff been here twice before the worst part of loving a pet.
He woofed some mince down mixed it with his tinned food and gave him a 2nd helping. He is eating treats fine but funnily enough going off Bonios Gorden is wondering if he is finding them hard to chew now, he is losing a lot of muscle round his head and face.
His teeth are good.
We are seeing the vet Thursday blood test to check his kidney levels will have a chat about everything.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >