Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2021, 12:09 PM

Good afternoon. 20/11/21.

Good afternoon everyone.
Blowy but overcast here today so bedding will go in the tumble dryer clothes are on the airer. Trying a trick I read about by putting the dehumidifier on to see if it helps with the drying process.
Idea is it draws the water out.
Dillon groomed ready for a vet visit Monday he will need a tidy up late tomorrow or Monday morning but the hard bit is done for a while again.
He had a total back leg fail on the park this morning and a left leg stumble indoors when getting up. All getting a little worrying now.
He did however sleep better till 5 am today. Gorden was on the sofa my turn again tonight, fingers crossed he does as well on my watch.

Sue guess you're at the coal face today busy painting.
brenda hope you enjoyed your walk today and it was dry.
griff hoping all is quiet next door.
Kazz hope you and Gert are having a good day.
Moyra hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Stay safe everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2021, 12:35 PM
Good early afternoon Lynn and all to follow

Autumnal here but washing on the line and blowing have discovered I have a distinct lack of pegs no idea what’s happened. Peg fairies maybe or could simply be when they fall to the floor a certain dog who shall not be named chews them LOL

Been out twice with afore mention peg fairy and really enjoyed our last walk as it was mostly off lead and in the edge of the fields Gert doing belly flops into the leaves at every opportunity and enjoying life, even the crows seems happy calling out. Cracking way to start a day.

Have a Quorn cottage pie on the go with peas sweetcorn and carrots sweet potato topped on the go for a friend of mine who lives alone and has been told he has high cholesterol and border line diabetic and as he already has had blood clots in his leg we are rallying round as he is a lovely guy but one of those people who “does not look after himself” so we are taking it in turns to make homecooked meals for him and two of the chaps he works with are bringing in an extra lunch so he gets a healthy lunch every day. I am making three individual cottage pies and mid week will be making an extra potion of lamb biryani.

So a lovely day all around, Lynn my heart goes out to you with Dillon its frightening when you cannot stop time but he is still doing well and sounds like loving life.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2021, 01:53 PM
Afternoon Kazz the walk with Gert sounds lovely. I have a peg fairy to.
That's lovely of you and the neighbours cooking for your neighbour real community spirit sadly very rare nowadays.

Must say I miss the longer walks with Dillon and seeing him having a run around on the park and taking him to the old favourite places.
No point really in taking him anymore because he really cannot walk far at all now. The car ride is longer than the walk.
He is eating less and drinking more all things to mention to the vet and he is a very wobbly boy on those legs today.
We will continue to enjoy each day with him.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2021, 04:20 PM
Good afternoon all.

Aw Lynn - it's horrendous to watch them struggle.

Rosie has had a small setback today. The squirts are back, but thankfully she is eating OK (albeit meals that are lighter on her stomach until she firms up again).

A mix of overcast and sunshine this morning, but we enjoyed it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2021, 04:37 PM
Afternoon all
Lynn, I am sorry Dillon has had a bad day.... hopefully the vet can help
Chris, likewise I hope Rosie is back to full health soon
Kazz, it's nice of you all to look after the man
Not done anything today, well walked the dogs and made my soup.....my tummy is really really sore, I have decided not to overdo it with the veggis
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2021, 05:44 PM
Evening Chris sorry Rosie has a poorly tummy, have you tried the fortiflora sachets ? Helen (Helena54) told me about them they really helped Dillon , but since putting him on the Millie's Wolfheart wet food I haven't needed them.
Bit like us griff we have had a lazy Saturday after a couple of bad nights with Dillon and the ridiculous early hours. I will be glad when Gorden has retired properly.
To many veggies will scour your tummy. Hope it's less sore soon.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2021, 06:26 PM
I'll see how she goes tomorrow Lynn and if no better will get her some. I've put her back on light diet today and that helped the other day. I think perhaps I got her back on normal diet a little too quickly and am now kicking myself.

She's stopped 'going' every half hour now so hopefully we are back on the mend

Thanks for caring
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2021, 06:39 PM
Oooo, I used to feed Millie's wolfheart, sadly they changed something and Kota ended up with a really bad tummy but they just said that she had been on the same food too long ( funny how my old dogs were o.k for years on it)
Awwww, poor Rosie
Yes Lynn, I have been making home made soup, and I suspect that it's set my ibs off, I have started taking the tablets they gave me so hopefully should settle down in a couple of days
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2021, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'll see how she goes tomorrow Lynn and if no better will get her some. I've put her back on light diet today and that helped the other day. I think perhaps I got her back on normal diet a little too quickly and am now kicking myself.

She's stopped 'going' every half hour now so hopefully we are back on the mend

Thanks for caring
I have to say fortiflora fantastic stuff helped all my oldies brought mine from Vio vet