Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TheABCs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
If you think everyone on here agrees on everything then you're going to be seriously surprised!!!!
Excellent news Azz, about time.
I don't think I disputed that - just certain threads like this one, where there'll be no more controversy - quieter thread with shorter life, nothing more to say or argue against, once everyone's agreed, far, far fewer posts, less negativity, easier to read - suits me.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by TheABCs View Post
I don't think I disputed that - just certain threads like this one, where there'll be no more controversy - quieter thread with shorter life, nothing more to say or argue against, once everyone's agreed, far, far fewer posts, less negativity, easier to read - suits me.
The ABCs I have been with 'Dogweb'/Dogsey almost from its inception amd I can assure you there has always been controversy and very few people agree all the time, such is the nature of debate .

We go months without e collar discussions then every now and then someone will mention them and a salesman (or banned troll) will pick up on it and try to use it to their advantage. In my opinion such people will not be missed neither will the lack of their presence stifle debate. Controversy and debate will continue as ever.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
A wise decision Azz .

As far as possible I believe in free speech and if someone came on here and said they choked/electrocuted/kicked their dogs I would be disgusted and I would say so.
However if they then went on to call themselves a dog trainer and suggested such methods were a suitable way for other people to treat and train dogs and actually solicited clients that to me would be a different matter entirely.

There will no doubt be those who argue it is a matter of opinion what is or is not a safe method of training, but as far as I am aware no device or than the e collar has been as widely condemned as a training aid by all the main UK canine welfare organisations and a large number of training organisations including...
•British Small Animal Veterinary Association and British Veterinary Association
•Scottish SPCA
•Scottish Kennel Club
•Kennel Club
•Dogs Trust
•RSPCA
•Blue Cross
•Association of Pet Dog Trainers
•Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors
•The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
•Association of Chief Police Officers
•Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland
•UK Armed Forces

...not to mention the ban in Wales. I just hope a UK wide ban will follow .
I didn't know the UK Armed Forces were against them - well done lads!

Originally Posted by TheABCs View Post
As has already been said - there's always something to debate on Dogsey
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Pet owners won't have their membership withdrawn just because they use or advocate shock collars - but we are drawing the line when they can be classed as 'commercial/business' users.
Fair enough, but I am happy to see that I will be able to continue to post the successes - and failures, if any - of our dog Ben having to suffer the cruelties of being zapped just twice.

Just as a reminder, it is over a week now since Ben had to have any form of correction whatsoever via his e collar.

How many of you can say that over the last week you have NEVER had to give your dog a correction - via his lead with a tug, or a choke chain if you use one.

Incidentally, I have been accused of the potential of not being truthful regarding the success of the e collar.

As I didn't have to post on Dogsey in the first place that OH had used an e collar on Ben, I find that insulting to say the least. One thing I can never be accused of is not being honest. I am open and up front about how I view dogs in general, but more particularly my dogs, and I have said that I will report any negativity, if any, that occurs. I am a maverick, I know, I do not care a fig what other people think about me, I do what I think is right for my dogs, whom I adore - even that little chihuahua belonging to my daughter (never thought I would ever admit that in public!!) - and I declared that my husband had used an e collar on Ben in full knowledge that I would get a slating. I don't have a problem whatsoever with that, but to be accused of hiding any negative problems that may crop up is just going too far.

I am not happy about that. I have said that I will report from time to time on h ow things are going, good or bad, and so I will. Tomorrow of course I am not at work, and I am looking forward to another brilliant time with my boys in the woods.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
The ABCs I have been with 'Dogweb'/Dogsey almost from its inception amd I can assure you there has always been controversy and very few people agree all the time, such is the nature of debate .

We go months without e collar discussions then every now and then someone will mention them and a salesman (or banned troll) will pick up on it and try to use it to their advantage. In my opinion such people will not be missed neither will the lack of their presence stifle debate. Controversy and debate will continue as ever.
I am not a salesman or a banned troll, and yet I have mentioned them! I have nothing to gain, and everything to lose. I have had several pm's from peeps whose opinions I value, stating how disappointed they are in me.

I would be disappointed in me if I hadn't had the guts to consent to something being used on my dog which I wasn't in favour of, but could see that we had reached the end of the road.

Incidentally, your little snipe about where we have borrowed the collar from didn't go unmissed - not that it is anyone's business, but we have borrowed it from our next door neighbour
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
How many of you can say that over the last week you have NEVER had to give your dog a correction - via his lead with a tug, or a choke chain if you use one.
There's no 'hand up' smiley, but if there was, I'd use it . I think you might be surprised at how many more wish there was one too
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Fair enough, but I am happy to see that I will be able to continue to post the successes - and failures, if any - of our dog Ben having to suffer the cruelties of being zapped just twice.

Just as a reminder, it is over a week now since Ben had to have any form of correction whatsoever via his e collar.

Incidentally, I have been accused of the potential of not being truthful regarding the success of the e collar.

As I didn't have to post on Dogsey in the first place that OH had used an e collar on Ben, I find that insulting to say the least. One thing I can never be accused of is not being honest. I am open and up front about how I view dogs in general, but more particularly my dogs, and I have said that I will report any negativity, if any, that occurs. I am a maverick, I know, I do not care a fig what other people think about me, I do what I think is right for my dogs, whom I adore - even that little chihuahua belonging to my daughter (never thought I would ever admit that in public!!) - and I declared that my husband had used an e collar on Ben in full knowledge that I would get a slating. I don't have a problem whatsoever with that, but to be accused of hiding any negative problems that may crop up is just going too far.

I am not happy about that. I have said that I will report from time to time on h ow things are going, good or bad, and so I will. Tomorrow of course I am not at work, and I am looking forward to another brilliant time with my boys in the woods.
I can. I don't do lead tugging/yanking OR use choke chains. And yes, I do know my dogs are smaller than yours, but I still can say I haven't done it.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I can. I don't do lead tugging/yanking OR use choke chains. And yes, I do know my dogs are smaller than yours, but I still can say I haven't done it.
As can I! This is getting a joke now, I am not a supporter of choke chains or lead tugging. But how the hell do you compare lead tugging to the use of a Ecollar
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
As can I! This is getting a joke now, I am not a supporter of choke chains or lead tugging. But how the hell do you compare lead tugging to the use of a Ecollar
Count another one here. I've never used a leash pop, choke chain, or any other aversive training with my dog.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
thats what I was thinking
Closed Thread
Page 19 of 22 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >