View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't normally enter into these kind of debates, but I have a question for you that I don't think I've seen anywhere else. Apologies if I've missed it.
Do you use e-collars on dogs who've been abused and are fearful? I have an ex-racing Greyhound who at some point was hurt by men and definitely with a stick. He (with positive training) has learnt that not all men are going to hurt him and he's much better. He's still apprehensive at approaching men with sticks though...would you use the collar to make him less scared or do you have other ways of desensitising? I just don't see how an e-collar could help him be less scared of something.
Please enlighten me, always willing to learn.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
adam has written reams regarding how he uses ecollars to apparently give nervous dogs confidence.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
WOW! 100 posts in this thread and Adam has made 5 of them!! Not quite "Adams" thread is it!

Mind you I am surprised people still want to hear his crap. Who wants a converstation with an outted animal abuser.. Madness.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
I've got a working bred Labrador bitch here, who, as soon as food is in the equation, becomes extremely aggitated. I only use very mild praise with her, anything else is way over the top. I do get growly/grumbly with her, because she has made herself ill by eating stuff that's simply disgusting. I wouldn't dream of using an e-collar on her, thankfully, I seem to be getting to the bottom of the problem, but yes, dogs do exist that are not happy or balanced in the presence of food rewards, more headless chicken.
Yeah same thing here lol. I use sound adversion with my 6 month old rescue ACD, Jo she used to be really bad about putting foregin things in her mouth but using a lead until recently (thus gradually weaning her from it) now if she picks up something she isn't supposed to have, I can very gruffly shout 'leave it!' & she will drop whatever it is & come running back to me. She is getting better but I still have to keep an eye on her lol.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:48 AM
deleted as not relevant!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
adam has written reams regarding how he uses ecollars to apparently give nervous dogs confidence.
Indeed, except from the videos it is apparent that they are not happy dogs....

Wys
x
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Do you have a link please, sorry I haven't been able to find the relevant bit.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
Do you have a link please, sorry I haven't been able to find the relevant bit.
LOL

you must be joking

id have to sift thru about 1,000 pages across several threads to find the relevant post/s.

like finding a needle in a haystack.

over to you.. good luck on finding any actual information buried underneath the ton of personal stuff
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 10:31 AM
LOL

you must be joking

id have to sift thru about 1,000 pages across several threads to find the relevant post/s.

like finding a needle in a haystack.

over to you.. good luck on finding any actual information buried underneath the ton of personal stuff
Sorry, I thought when you said he'd mentioned it you knew of an exact quote which could easily be linked. I wouldn't expect you to sift through, I just hoped there was a nice simple page number or something.
I guess this is why I asked Adam himself to explain but I guess I'll have to wait. I've sifted through as many as I could bear, but there's a lot of stuff to wade through.
Thanks for your reply
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Stop posting, and that includes me (slap on the wrists) we want this moron out of here
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 22 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »