View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm the lucky position or unlucky (?) that we have a lot of asfalt here, so Luna's nails arent long at all.

Okay I wont add anymore oil then

The sardines in oil I've bought, have little bones in them, isnt that dangerous? Or is that only in humans?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
The sardines in oil I've bought, have little bones in them, isnt that dangerous? Or is that only in humans?
J during the canning process the bones is sardines are softened and really should not present a problem on the contrary they are good just mash em up with a spoon I eat them
(you have the same ones over there I guess ..or are they a strange danish variety )
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Mine eat them all the time J without problem- as Mini says theyre all soft and mushy
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Ah okay then

Well I opened one, to put in her kong mix, but didnt dare using it, when I saw the bones.....

U eat them Mini? Eeeewwwwww (sorry I dont like fish)

And no, dont think its a strange danish variety
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Kingsleys fav food is sardines! He eats so many!
I just mash them up in his dish (bones and all), and he's never had a problem with them!

Silly question...can they eat too many sardines?
Meg
Supervisor

01-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
Kingsleys fav food is sardines! He eats so many!
I just mash them up in his dish (bones and all), and he's never had a problem with them!
Silly question...can they eat too many sardines?
Hevvur They are certainly very good for all of us, the bones also are when soft in tins, they contain calcium but I think it is all things in moderation, keep a balance and don't have all one thing
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm gonna try putting some in her kongmx next time....

Is sardines fat fish)?
Carole
Supervisor

01-01-2005, 10:52 PM
what do you mean fat fish? Like a fatty type of fish?
Meg
Supervisor

01-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
what do you mean fat fish? Like a fatty type of fish?
Carole I think J means is it a fish rich in fatty acids
Omega-3 fish oils are a rich source of essential fatty acids (EFAs), such as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentanoic acid (EPA). Levels of EFAs are typically three times greater in oils from the flesh of the fish such as salmon, herrings, sardines, pilchards, and mackerel than in oils extracted from cod liver. Omega-3 fatty acids are converted in the body to series 3 prostaglandins which have a powerful anti-inflammatory action.
J yes they are, and from the same family as herrings, all very good both for you and Luna. As you will see above the body oil is an anti-inflammatory hence the reason it is good for skin conditions and achey joints..not sure about putting it the kong though..would get very smelly if it was warm though Hevvur finds it ok
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah that's what I meant, sorry, I'm thinking way ahead of my writing

The reason I'm asking is that Luna has gotten a little chubby, which is something we are starting to work on as soon as my bike has been fixed (had a flat tire, when I came down thursday norning). Then we are going to start biking - well I'm biking and she's trotting along side of me.....

She's not getting that much food, so dont wanna cut her any further down, incase I might starve her, unintentionally....

But she does get a kong everyday when I'm at work. I honestly didnt think tuna, yoghurt and an apple could be fattening, but it seems so, as she doesnt really get treats during the day....

So sardines will have to wait a bit. And then I might just put them in her dinner instead of the kong

Thanks all
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >