Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2012, 05:56 PM

The Chawner Family!

http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk...nge/about.html

Anyone watch the first series? New series starts tonight at 9pm on Bio........

Lorraine Kelly's going to hopefully get them back into work......
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Sounds interesting, I might give it a watch. Thanks for letting us know.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I recorded it last night and have just watched both episodes ........

Well ....... well (sorry I'm still in shock ) it was very interesting. It's unusual for all the family to be that overweight. I do sympathise though as I know (more than many) how hard it is to lose weight.

That little Yorkie is georgeus, looks like he rules the roost but why is the bigger dog not allowed to roam around more in the sitting room? I take it they do take the dogs out for walks?

Thanks for telling us about the programme, will keep watching it each week now .

Were they originally on Wife Swap? They look familiar.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 04:45 PM
I sky+d it too I still haven't watched it yet, but I will later

Didn't know they'd got another dog, they had the little yorkie in the last series.

The daughter Sam lost lots of weight last time, but it looks from the adverts that she's possibly put it all back on.....
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Asti View Post
Were they originally on Wife Swap? They look familiar.
Don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure

They have done a first series with Lorraine, maybe that's where you saw them? xx
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Lou, me again

I was just watching Emma doing her X Factor auditions I've got really into The Chawner Family now (I never heard of them before you mentioned them). They weren't on Wife Swap, I now remember seeing them on X Factor Apparently they have a son as well but he doesn't live at home.

Enjoy when you watch the episodes.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 08:04 PM
I watched it (it's a guilty pleasure of mine) and I was dismayed to see their new dog was a collie cross which let's be honest is unlikely to get the exercise he's going to need with them. Couldn't believe it when Emma and Sam were literally fighting over him, poor sod.
Otherwise, same old, same old. I know it's designed to be one big sneerfest and I feel bad for watching it but it's car crash tv... I hope they're being paid well anyway, and I hope the girls manage to get away from the destructive influence of their parents.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Asti View Post
Hi Lou, me again

I was just watching Emma doing her X Factor auditions I've got really into The Chawner Family now (I never heard of them before you mentioned them). They weren't on Wife Swap, I now remember seeing them on X Factor Apparently they have a son as well but he doesn't live at home.

Enjoy when you watch the episodes.
I've just watched the first episode......

I forgot to mention Emma being on the X-Factor

That poor Collie X, I really hope whoever gave them the dog see's the programme and takes it from them......Poor boy x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
I hope the girls manage to get away from the destructive influence of their parents.
I agree I remember the last series, Sam lost the most weight, then when she came home the weight piled back on......
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I've just watched the first episode......

I forgot to mention Emma being on the X-Factor

That poor Collie X, I really hope whoever gave them the dog see's the programme and takes it from them......Poor boy x
They're okay having dogs as long as they exercise them properly and is sensible with them. I can see that the mother probably wouldn't be able to take them out but there's the girls, and if they can't then they shouldn't have them.

To be honest, I'm as big as the eldest daughter but I don't live anything like them and although I don't work because of my health I am not on the social, my husband supports me. I can't take our dog out walking but I have a very kind naighbour who has two little dogs and takes mine out with her two every weekday morning for an hour and my hubby takes her out every evening and weekends. If I didn't have anyone to take her out in the daytime we would pay a proffessional dog walker. No way would I have a dog and it wasn't taken out. No way could I live like them even though I know what it's like to have a weight problem.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >