Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fabi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2009, 08:58 PM

K9 Chat

Hi,
K9 CHAT, is canine, Complementary Health and Training, (we do not have a forum........to much work ) We are professional dog groomers, dog trainers, and now we are the first canine massage therapist in Scotland.

Please have a wee look and we hope you will find it educational and informative. Many pictures of lovely dogs too for your entertainment.

www.k9chat.co.uk
Fabi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Hi there everyone,

K9 CHAT has a voluntary group.

Just wanted to let you know about our voluntary group. Pawsitivie Action. We hope to put in an application for charity status this year. Volunteers are always welcomed.

Our aims are to help local residents, groups, communities, Councils and our Parks in bringing updated and correct information on dog ownership, Pawsitive Actions Supports and Encourages Responsible Dog Owners.

Since our lauch in April 2010 we have been invited to and participated in many different regional and local parks setting up our marquee to bring educational awareness to the public on Dog Fouling issues, The Outdoor Access Code, Getting your dog under control when out and about, litter that affects our pet dogs and wildlife.

We have dog experts at hand to help the public with issues that they may have with their own pet, be it a health, grooming, training, behaviour issue.

We also organised Pawsitive Action Days which is like that of a "Gala Day" but for Dogs and their family packs. We brought together different experts, dog trainers, behaviouist, vet assistances, groomers, different dog clubs, working dogs, rescue clubs, dog nutrionists, dog charities...Hearing Dogs for the Deaf and Pals with Paws, farmers, horse societies, wildlife charities etc. Anything that was related to teaching the public about dogs, good and wrong behaviour, laws etc., were welcomed. The only requirement was, your group had to come up with an activity to involved families. After-all the younger generation will be our future dog owners and what better way to get our message accross about responsible dog ownership but through them. Each group gave the public a great day out that included fun activities for everyone. Each and every dog owner was given a doggie goodie bag that contained information leaflets, free dog poo bags and a packet of treats. Kids got to play games with their dogs and parents learnt about issues that concerned them or learnt a few good dog training tips. At the end of the day people enjoyed a relaxed, informing and fun day out, and the dogs had waggy tails behind them.

If you are a club, trainer, vet, etc., etc., and if you are interested in joining us next year, please do get in touch and I will keep you updated.

Renfrewshire Council has given us their full support and gave us permission to teach classes in their parks, rain or shine everyone make sure you wear the proper gear in Scotland. As we are coming to the last summer class the Council Parks and Rec manager is encouraging us to continue and has extended their permission of usage of the parks. Isn't that great!

We are looking hard at getting a venue as we will be teaching a 12 week class, 2 hours. The first part of the class will be of education. Each week we will teach about the above issues in the first hour, the second hour we will be in the training hall teaching you the skills to train your dog. There is always at least two instuctors so if necessary you can have 1-2-1 help as and when needed.

We are all volunteers and it is our goal to bring help to areas that are in most need.

Please feel free to have a look at our website and pass it on to anyone you think may be interested.

Thank you for your time.
All the best
Jacquie
http://www.k9chat.co.uk/pawsitive-action
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi Jacqui

I'm sure it's a card for your organisation that I see up on the board when I'm at dog training at Lochwinnoch.

I also seen an advertisement in the local paper for an event you were holding in Greenock a few weeks ago or so. I was doing something else that day so I couldn't manage or else I'd have come.

I think it's a great thing you're all doing and I wish you much luck and success with it all. It's definitely beneficial to all.

Hope to see you at one of your events at somepoint.
Fabi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Hello Westie,

Yes you are right it is our poster at the Annex, wow, what's the odds of contecting on a dog forum, it's great.
If you had a look at the website you will see a photo of OH and I, unfortuately I lost my girl Karma not to long ago, the labadoodle was a customer, and Zorro is the white collie mix, if you see us about please say hello. Quite often down there trying to tire him out by throwing the ball, but typical collie, not gona happen. LOL

Thank you for all your kind words,.

Yes we were up at Greencut Centre, it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day and we spoke to a lot of dog owners and people in general about the Outdoor Access Code. We ended up staying longer than intended because of the response so, for us it was a great sucess.

We were up at Gleniffer Braes on Sunday 15th, The Paisley Daily Express put a great big photo of the class we were teaching in the papers yesterday, Saturday 21st August. With the council permission we go about from park to park and teach a class, it is great fun. Last Sunday was the end of a 6 week course so I wanted to highlight it and help the park get some attention to the problems they are having to deal with daily. Got a lot of interest that day, so much so that PA will be continuing over the winter...rain or shine. Mad, barking mad. LOL

Keep an eye for the Paisley Gazatte this Wednesday, I am hoping that PA gets a mention there too. They interviewed two clients so I am interested in reading what they said about me....or maybe not eh? lol

I will be keep updating what PA is up too, and hopefully we will meet up someday soon.
All the best
Jacquie
Fabi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone,

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR DOGS!

A Huge Thank You to Renfrewshire Council, we have been working along side them now for a year and they have been a great support. We receive their permission to teach classes in our parks and this has been a great way helping people with their dogs and with issues they may be having getting their dog under control when out and about!

We have indeed kept up the Outdoor Training and that meant everything our Lovely Scottish weather could throw at us. Yes with the snow blinding us we worked away with our dogs,...who's mad? The classes are becoming a great sucess as we are dealing with all the distractions around us but you know what, the owners don't even notice what is going on or how many people are standing watching! Now that is a result on it's own, well done to them all.

As well as keeping the on-going class we are starting another 2-3 classes, (February)....thanks to demand!

K9 CHAT /Pawsitive Action is getting ready for the New Year! We are looking to get more people involved in bringing awareness to Dog Owners and their Responsibilities, Health, Laws, Dog Fouling, Outdoor Access Code.

We have been receiving request from our Rangers to help bring education to our Regional and City Parks. We set up our marquee and bring information leaflets and offer assistance with dog releated issues.

Please everyone, Remember: The Outdoor Access Code:

We are coming into Lambing Season, even if your dog does not attack an animal and is just "chashing" it for fun,....This is WORRYING and the farmer has the right to shoot to kill.

Sheep run at the drop of a hat and when frightened they will abort their unborn lamb...the cord is still attached and the fetus is being dragged behind, thus ripping the sheeps stomach from the inside out. They will run and run to get away and if that means falling off cliffs, fall and lie with open wounds until either the farmer finds them or they die, then that is the consequences of a dog having fun!

Ground Nesting Birds, if you see your dog sniffing the ground and birds popping up, please get your dog under control. Did you know there are only 600 breeding pairs of Hen Harriers in Britian, Scotland has 450 pairs and Muirshiel Regional Park have only 12. A dog will do what they do naturally, have you ever seen your dog sniffing through heather and small bushes and birds flying up? Then you are not aware of the consequences to ground nesting birds. Disturbance may result in birds failing to nest, abandoning the nest, eggs failing to hatch, chicks dying of cold or lack of food and the nest becoming vulnerable to predators.

It is a criminal offense to disturb rare breeding birds, intentionally or not with fines up to £20,000 or imprisonment possible.

Cows will become aggressive, there have been a few incidents over the last few years where people have lost their lives due to being trampled by cows who were protecting their calves.

Please put as much space between you, your dog and livestock if you need to enter a field. Keep your dog under control or on a 2 metre leash. Should you feel the animals are becoming aggressive, drop the leash and get to a safe area.

If you would like to get involved, please get in contact.

All the Very Best
Azz
Administrator
Male 

22-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi

Just a quick note to say all threads from the 'Your Websites' section have been moved back into the submissions section (which isn't visible on the public forum). This is because we have updated the rules.

To get your thread moved back into the Your Websites section you just need to add your link to the new Dogsey Directory

Once you are in the new Dogsey Directory, just post a note in this thread and a Mod will check it and move it back to the Your Websites section. Alternatively, you can post a new thread in this section if you prefer.

You can see the the new rules here.

If you have any questions, just post in this thread and we'll get back to you. (We'll delete these posts if/when the thread is moved back into the main Your Websites seciton.)

Az