Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-09-2007, 10:39 AM

Don't You Just Love Finding Old Photos?

Well..we didn't find old photos originally, I was clearing one of the wardrobes out and found an old leather box that was FULL, brimming infact, old old films..but they had never been developed So a quick trip to tesco and a handover of a stupid amount of money later; and vwoilla theres about 16 packets of photos!
Not especially interesting..just various snapshots of family things, but it was quite nice to see some of the old dogs & cats again...seemed ever so long ago!
Even found some of 'Charlie' the springer that belonged to an uncle and aunt of mine, who i loved a lot and claimed when i was four i WOULD have one one day-so it's him i should blame for the whirlwind of Ralph then?
And theres some of the grandparents who sadly are no longer here anymore and so forth...it's strange really, how much photos bring back!
And even stranger how a lot of these are from about 13/14 years ago yet still turned out! In the old days of non digital, basic point n shoot cameras!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 12:17 PM
That's one of the reasons I still like to use my old film camera as well as a digital camera, it's really nice to get pictures developed that you have forgotten all about.

A couple of weeks ago I found an old box of my Dad's photos from the 60's & 70's. He was delighted that I'd found them as he'd forgotten all about them!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 08:30 PM
ive got a suitcase of old photos, we are slowly scanning them onto the pc, but still good to see the pics, i cringe when i see the gastly perm i had (blushes) and no im not putting them on here LOL
ive got an album of my dads of loads of old photos from the 50s and 60s, theres one of me when i was 6 weeks old LOL
and one of my old cat tiddles. amazingly he is the spitting image of my reggie cat.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 11:44 AM
I work in the photographer business for a Fuji stockist. The industry has had a knock on effect because its gone digital.
Lucky there are mini labs still processsing & we still sell sensia slide film and colour film. Agfa went into to liquidation a couple of years ago & people are still wishing to purchase this film. Fuji has been struggling in the past.
A film will last about a year, best way to keep them for longer is in the fridge!! Obviously once exposed to light it will ruin the film.
I like my digital camera. But theres still people out there wanted 35mm cameras.
Theres loads of pictures i could do with scanning. But i do love looking through old picture albums.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2007, 12:21 PM
I hate my other half getting the old photos out and I can see what I used to look like when I had hair. LOI!

I just tell her that she is the cause it all fell out.