Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chrissywhite
New Member!
Female 

03-04-2007, 10:09 AM

Urinary Infections

My sister in law's 10 1/2 year old springer spaniel, has just has a very nasty urinary infection, she has been treated with antibiotics which seem to have done the trick, but they are worried about reoccurence as she is getting less able to control when she wees,they are trying to keep the area as clean as possible and the vet has reccomended to put vaseline on the area as it was very sore and swollen to stop further irritation. Is there a supplement that she could give her to help stop it happening again. As i know in humans they reccomend cranberry supplements. Can dogs have this and if so how much per day.

Many thanks

Chrissy
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 01:12 PM
When my bitch started to dribble a bit at 14 I thought it was old age & just put her on vet bed so she was cumfy but when we next saw the vet he gave her tablets which stopped the problem & it never recurred.
If your sister in laws dog has been on antibiotics has she thought of giving her plain live yoghurt to put back the good bugs as this can help too, in dogs & humans.
chrissywhite
New Member!
Female 

03-04-2007, 08:09 PM
hi - yes the vet gave her some probiotic paste to help settle her tummy - thanks