Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2023, 11:46 AM

Tinkering Tuesday 21st February 2023

Morning all, just about. Cloudy here but sun keeps trying. Thought my pc was cracking up but switched the current off and on and hey presto. I will see what it does in the morning as I have called my pc guy who will come later in the day. Anyway have a good day peeps.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2023, 12:32 PM
Good morning Brenda hope you have a good day and you pc behaves

Damp and drizzly here first thing. Morning run done, Teazle walked and been to the library. Lunch done and eaten now coffee time before the afternoon runs then they are all here this evening for their meal so Ben can pick Maria up from gymnastics.

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2023, 12:56 PM
Afternoon all
Mums had to go to the dentist, they want £10,000 for 4 implants! She has 2 teeth left at the top and struggles with a plate, I have told her she's just going to have to man up. I can see why people go abroad for dentistry
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2023, 02:53 PM
Afternoon brenda, Sue, griff and any to follow.
Not sure where the last few days have gone. Weekend garden centres and we haven't bought anything yet but have seen something we like and that would work.
Might pop out in the week to buy.
Of course yesterday was Freya who we took to the park but she wanted to toddle a lot of the way.
It's amazing all the negatives in the world at the moment but in that time while she toddled along till needing a ride in the pushchair seeing the world through her eyes was lovely
Crouching at every garden to look at flowers peeping through and every hedge even though no colour on yet and a weed and bit of grass.
Her wows and observations were lovely.
She always manages to brighten your day and for the first time ever she got emotional when we left. Usually once she has mummy or daddy home that's it we can go.

Been out to do a shop for the food bank today we popped in and got a list from them for things they needed the most of . They offered us a cuppa when we returned with the shopping but we had some other things to do so we didn't stop.

brenda hope the computer gets sorted.
Sue enjoy your time with the family.
griff wow. So much money.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2023, 09:36 PM
Good evening all

It was beautiful this morning when we went out. Quite mild and the sun was shining. Love riding along the prom when the sun is out and especially when we get the coffee out and sit overlooking the sea. We are so lucky to have it on the doorstep

Gary has finally calmed down and my sister is much improved, but still has quite a way to go. The lady whose fall she broke has thanked her profusely and told her that she has saved her life as the CT scan they did after the fall has uncovered a brain aneurism

I have a urine infection and boy is it painful. Tried an over the counter meds which did nothing so 'phoned the doctor today and am now back on antibiotics. This will be the fourth lot in a very short space of time which worries me a bit

Thankfully, for now, it's all quiet on the eastern front
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2023, 10:15 PM
Chris,my urologist advised me to use cranberry tablets, I have the triple strength ones from Holland and Barrett, I assume they have sent your urine to the lab to grow cultures? Mine gave me 2 lots of antibiotics just dipping it at the drs, this last time they sent it off to check the right antibiotics had been prescribed. They rung me today to check my symptoms have gone and I said no and they will be bad again in a few days, I know mine will be o.k with surgery..... it's just how long the wait is. Ohhh, also barley water, boil pearl barley, strain the water and drink it....bit weird but an old wife's tale I believe or you can put pearl barley in some muslin tied onto the hot tap of the bath.
Lynn, sounds like you had a really lovely time with Freya, kids can be great fun bless them
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2023, 11:25 PM
The over the counter stuff had cranberry in. Did no good at all. No testing Kelly. It was a telephone consult and the antibiotics are for urine infection and kidney infection (or so it says on the leaflet). It's a three day course of two tablets a day and he said to ring back if they don't do the trick
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2023, 07:44 AM
I would insist on them sending the sample to the lab Chris, also, they should be checking for blood too.
From what I recall, my urologist said that when the infection has been treated, the cranberry prevents bacteria from clinging to the bladder wall and causing the infection....or something like that.
Water infections are horrible things