Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 11:42 AM

Landline phone caller id

Does anyone know if you can get a phone that will show who's calling if that person/number has been put in the internal phone address book - without having to have this facility on subscription from the service provider?

I don't particularly want to know everyone who's calling, just if they are people I already know and whose details I have put into the address book of the phone, like my mobile does.

I've looked at some phones but when they say they offer caller id, there's an asterix saying you have to sign up to get this from your service provider.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Linda my sister has a little box thing which shows the number up if its not withheld her OH got it for a few pounds of ebay I think.
So for example if I ring or my brothers or her friends she recognises the numbers and takes the calls any number not with held that she doesn't recognise its her choice if she picks up or not or listens to a message left on the answerphone if left. Any withheld numbers do not show up so again her choice if she picks up or not or if they leave message or not.
Not sure if it recognises mobile numbers.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2013, 11:54 AM
I've got caller display from BT, but we do have to pay for it. Can't remember how much, but I don't think it's too bad.

I find it really useful - I can ignore what are quite obviously marketing calls.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys - Lynn that sounds interesting; I'll do a search on ebay.

Jantet - yes, Virgin charge too, over £2 a month.