Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Kerriebaby - They did, and gnasher didn't have an issue with them beating Ben.

I've always said if my dog went up to another dog and was attacking and not stopping, I'd be more than happy for that person to use appropriate physical force including beating them with a stick or kicking them... Gnasher didn't have an issue when they beat her dog.

However, I WOULD have an issue with attacking my dog if my dog wasn't attacking or acting aggressively - which is the case with the fence. The dogs were all getting on fine and yet she launched an attack from the other side of the fence, injuring Ben.

I agree with Brierley that things aren't often what they seem and that it could've been a more severe injury than first thought. When Takara was attacked, it didn't look that bad but the dog had torn the skin away from the tissue and it was a lot worse than it looked - however, I explained all this to the owners of the dog (they too knew their dog was dog aggressive around possessions but brought a toy out on a walk with them - a stupid error of judgement that I haven't held against them) so that they were aware of what had happened.

People just need to grow up and have a bit of understanding. Nobody's perfect - sometimes we let our guard down, we do stupid things and for the unlucky few some of these things result in damage to ourselves or others.

Of course she has every right to be angry but she's doing herself no favours holding a grudge and not disclosing information that could help Gnasher sort her dog out.
Exactly!! There was just no reason, other than pure spite and hatred, to do what she did. The fence is about 6' high and you cannot see through it. All 4 dogs were snuffling each other under the fence - a very narrow gap of about one inch. I called out to OH how nice and sweet it was that clearly the black lab held no grudge, and I called out to them both that they were very good boys and stuck my finger tips under the fence to allow them to lick my fingers. Clearly the old bat next door was incensed that her dogs should be responding so to the enemy, and once my back was turned started to bang the fence extremely loudly, according to OH. She had no idea that OH was there I don't think, because I had gone back out through our gate onto the drive, into my car and driven off. she was shrieking hysterically at the dogs and clearly managed to hurt them in some way because of the marks on Ben's muzzle. She could easily have hit Tai, she had no idea who she was lashing out at, she could even have hit one of her own cats for all she knew, silly cow.

her sole intention is quite clear - to harrass our dogs every time they are in the garden, and the very next time anything happens, I am calling the police.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Exactly!! There was just no reason, other than pure spite and hatred, to do what she did. The fence is about 6' high and you cannot see through it. All 4 dogs were snuffling each other under the fence - a very narrow gap of about one inch. I called out to OH how nice and sweet it was that clearly the black lab held no grudge, and I called out to them both that they were very good boys and stuck my finger tips under the fence to allow them to lick my fingers. Clearly the old bat next door was incensed that her dogs should be responding so to the enemy, and once my back was turned started to bang the fence extremely loudly, according to OH. She had no idea that OH was there I don't think, because I had gone back out through our gate onto the drive, into my car and driven off. she was shrieking hysterically at the dogs and clearly managed to hurt them in some way because of the marks on Ben's muzzle. She could easily have hit Tai, she had no idea who she was lashing out at, she could even have hit one of her own cats for all she knew, silly cow.

her sole intention is quite clear - to harrass our dogs every time they are in the garden, and the very next time anything happens, I am calling the police.
I would be tempted to set up a CCTV camera in the garden.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
Honestly with the amount of people who continually complain about dog attacks on this forum it's like I'm reading stuff like this from another dimension. Her dog was attacked - why does she have to be understanding? I sure as hell wouldn't be understanding if my dog was attacked twice, nor have other people who post here every day about their dogs being attacked felt that there is a responsibility on their behalf to be the better person. The owner has absolutely no fault in this imho, so why does she not have the right to hold a grudge, considering it happened again for a second time?

All I know is that if my dog was attacked twice in circumstances which could have been preventable with a bit of common sense on the behalf of the other owner, if someone told me to be 'more understanding' and 'grow up' I'd go absolutely nuts She has every right to be pissed off, and every right to be pissed off for as long as she sees fit!
i don't expect her to be understanding. But would you be accepting if someone:-

1. Repeatedly told you that she would not rest until your f'ing dog was destroyed?

2. Repeatedly called you obscene and unrepeatable names?

3. Slandered you in a village of 120 houses where everyone knows everyone?

4. Successfully tried to injure your dog when he was safely locked into his own back garden?

She has every right to be pissed off, thoroughly pissed off. She has every right to refuse to be friends ever again ... but she does NOT have the right to attempt, successfully, to maim my dogs, slander me in public, and hurl foul 4 letter words at me whenever I have attempted to apologise and to enquire after the health of her dog.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
i don't expect her to be understanding. But would you be accepting if someone:-

1. Repeatedly told you that she would not rest until your f'ing dog was destroyed?

2. Repeatedly called you obscene and unrepeatable names?

3. Slandered you in a village of 120 houses where everyone knows everyone?

4. Successfully tried to injure your dog when he was safely locked into his own back garden?

She has every right to be pissed off, thoroughly pissed off. She has every right to refuse to be friends ever again ... but she does NOT have the right to attempt, successfully, to maim my dogs, slander me in public, and hurl foul 4 letter words at me whenever I have attempted to apologise and to enquire after the health of her dog.
Nope! this is bullying and harassment and I am amazed that anyone could think it was anything but.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:17 PM
1 maybe she is on a losing wicket at the moment but in future dog/dog aggression will be more frowned on.

2 Sticks and stones

3 If everyone knew me they'd know that she was talking rubbish---if however she had a point.....

4 My dog would be no where near her and certainly not out of my sight---I'd double fence rather than risk it.

rune
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
This is taken from a post by the OP----guess which dog is being talked about?

<<< meeting and greeting dogs. He is not allowed to go rushing off to say hello, he has to do it under our control, and this actually has taken the longest time for him to learn. Like his dad before him, *** just HAS to go and say hello to other dogs, he cannot not, he just has to do it. And we are happy to let him do so, but in a controlled way, so that he does not alarm either humans or dogs. Not everyone likes a great big bear galloping towards them, however friendly. He now is much more calm, and has actually started to lay down now and let the other dog come to him.>>>

Somehow this dog has now become dog aggressive.

Once again conflicting stories from the OP.

I have no sympathy with her and pity the neighbours.

rune

what's your point? Did I not say that Ben and Tai dashed across to our neighbour to say hello to her 2 dogs. Did I not say that it was HER dog who sparked the attack by growling at Ben? Ben was doing nothing wrong, and neither was Tai. All 4 dogs were calmly saying hello, when the BL decided to growl at Ben. Not that that is any excuse, I am just pointing out the FACTS.

I have continuously said that Ben has issues with BLACK DOGS and BLACK & TAN DOGS. Not all dogs are these colours round these parts, though it is unfortunate that all the dogs in the lane are black or black and tan or very dark brown! He is fine with all bitches, all small dogs, irrelevant of sex or colour. His problem is and probably always will be he does not like male black dogs, or black and tan dogs. he is fine with females of these colours, and he is fine with all small dogs. I am not saying he is perfect, and there are certainly no conflictions in my postings. He has in the past, and still does, SOMETIMES let dogs of all colours, ages, sex, type, say hello, but SOMETIMES he doesn't. the dog has issues, so just butt out and look after your own no doubt perfect dogs who have no issues.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yes it is >

I wonder if his DA is a result of the E.collor

The point is Gnasher, the drive may well belong to you, but in selling off part of your land, you have given them access over it, and its not unreasonable to expect to be able to walk down your drive way without your dogs being attacked by your neighbours dogs,

My guess is your neighbour has had enough of having to run the gauntlet when ever she takes her dogs out incase your dogs are loose.

I am not sure why the onus should be put on her to make you aware she is around with her dogs, you know she will be walking at some point down the drive, you know your dog is DA, and will attack hers if he sees it, so its on you to make sure he never gets the chance.

I can understand her worry and anger to be honest.
Well, as per usual your guesses are all wrong. Our neighbours have never "had to run the gauntlet" as you describe - she hardly ever walks the dogs over our drive, simply because she has no need to. Like us, she has access through her gate onto the fields, and has no need to come over the drive with her dogs. However, of course she is perfectly entitled to do just that, and such an occurrence will never happen again. My dog is DA, so what? It is not his fault and it is not our fault. We will probably never cure it, hence the reason for his muzzle and I will be taking up Ben's advice to see help from a behaviourist. There are several very good ones in our area, so it shouldn't be difficult. The dog is now 6, my own personal viewpoint is that it is going to be a tough call, but Ben is very intelligent and worth it, I will try. What I don't need is YOU having a go just because it is me.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Holding a grudge and being pissed off is one thing but spreading rumours, verbally abusing and attempting to hurt the OP's dog in an unprovoked incident is another.

Being pissed off is certainly understandable in the situation but behaving like a complete nutcase is just wrong.

That is nasty, malicious behaviour and NOT the behaviour of someone that is "pissed off".

exactly Labradork. Which is why i say there is far moreto this than meets the eye.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
If I remember correctly (sorry if I am wrong)
He is the Son of her dog who may or may not have had wolf in him
but until a couple of years ago she had lost touch with him and he had to be rescued when he was found
as I remember he has always had issues with 'big black dogs'
and issues with his recal including running into a shop and stealing food and taking food from people

BUT
most of that has nothing to do with this thread
in fareness all I can see is Gnasher feeling a bit stressed and having a rant at a mistake she knows she made and her neighoubrs reaction to that
She is as far as we can tell taking steps now to address the situation
I didnt know things had got so far as to him being muzzled from the beginning of the year, I am sorry to hear that - I beg again to please get some proffesional help as this has been getting worse clearly

thanx darling - I refuse to address those off-post remarks made, but treat them with the contempt they deserve. I am feeling stressed, and as I have said before, I feel so much better for airing my rant! I have received some very good advice from you and others. Do I take it though that you don't like muzzles? I think they are great. Ben has a new type, a Baskerville made of softish silicon rubber/plastic, which is made to fit your dog. It is as kind as a muzzle possibly can be - he can drink, bark, do everything but actually bite.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
Sorry if I'm wrong I haven't read the whole thread, but as far as I know she smacked the fence in order to get Gnasher's dogs away from it? I don't see how this can be conceived as trying to hurt the OP's dog unless there's something I'm missing... Walloping it to get it off her own dog is perfectly understandable. And to be honest I can totally understand the verbal abuse. When Kess was attacked I called owners effing idiots because yes I was very pissed off! And we're only getting one side of the story here. There's a difference between spreading malicious rumours and telling people about a dog attack that did actually happen. Is it still a rumour if it's a true event?

No she did not - she smacked the fence in rage, and when that didn't work in frightening them away, she rammed something underneath - it can't have been anything very thick because there is only an inch gap at the bottom of the fence - and hurt ben's muzzle. Why on earth should Ben not go on HIS property wherever he wants? The fence is there's, but why shouldn't Ben snuffle at the bottom of it if he wants to. That is our garden! As I say, the gap is only 1" there is no way he could hurt their dogs through it.

And this woman is not spreading malicious rumours. She is telling everybody who will listen part truths, grossly exaggerated - but in particular, she called me an f'ing c you next tuesday to someone who happens to be a good friend of mine. As strange as you might find it, I am very popular in our village, an ex parish councillor, with a lot of respect, and it has been brought back to me that everyone is thoroughly p'd off with her and her lies. However, at least some mud always sticks, and although I care not a jot about what she says about me, I do care about my family and my boys.
Page 10 of 51 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »